The Milwaukee Brewers and New York Yankees clash Friday in game 1 of an MLB series at Yankee Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Milwaukee Brewers Betting Preview
The Brewers need a win after losing 5 of their last 8 games. The Brewers have a 2 game lead in the NL Central. The Brewers pitching staff is 10th in ERA (3.98), 3rd in WHIP (1.21) and 7th in quality starts (61). The Brewers' offense is 18th in runs per game (4.40), 26h in batting average (.236) and 23rd in homers (143). Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with 142 hits and 70 RBI, while William Contreras and Willy Adames have combined for 227 hits and 134 RBI. Colin Rea gets the ball, and he is 5-5 with a 5.07 ERA and 91 strikeouts this season. This will be Rea’s second career game against the Yankees.
Milwaukee Brewers Team Facts
- The Brewers have won each of their last nine games against American League opponents.
- The Brewers have covered the run line in each of their last 13 Friday games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Brewers have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last seven games as underdogs.
- The Brewers have won the first inning in three of their last four games as underdogs against the Yankees.
New York Yankees Betting Preview
The Yankees look for a win after winning 8 of their last 10 games. The Yankees are 7 games back in the AL wild card race. The Yankees pitching staff is 9th in ERA (3.97), 6th in WHIP (1.23) and 24th in quality starts (41). The Yankees offense is 23rd in runs per game (4.24), 29th in batting average (.228) and 5th in homers (201). Gleyber Torres leads the Yankees with 142 hits and 62 RBI, while DJ LeMahieu and Anthony Volpe have combined for 204 hits and 96 RBI. Luis Severino gets the ball, and he is 4-8with a 6.75 ERA and 74 strikeouts this season. This will be Severino’s second career game against the Brewers.
New York Yankees Team Facts
- The Yankees have lost each of their last six night games against NL Central opponents that held a winning record.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 15 Friday home games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last five home games.
- The Yankees have led after 7 innings in each of their last five home games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The New York Yankees ranks 30th in the league for doubles this season (180).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (1045).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 1st in the league for hits allowed this season (1069).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 29th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.378).
These teams are playing in a little league park, and they're both capable offenses most nights. Well, at least the Yankees are with their home run ability. Colin Rea has a 5.07 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, while Luis Severino has a 6.75 ERA and 1.66 WHIP. Two hittable pitchers this season, and the Yankees have woken up these last two weeks. A little too late, but it does set up for an over opportunity. I expect some fireworks with these pitchers. Give me the over 9 runs.