Washington Nationals (44-62) vs Milwaukee Brewers (57-49)
2023-08-01 19:05:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Nationals +130 / Milwaukee Brewers -167 --- Over/Under: 9
(Get latest betting odds)
The Milwaukee Brewers and the Washington Nationals meet Tuesday in MLB action from Nationals Park. This will be the second installment in a three-game series this week. In the Monday opener, Washington struck first with a two-run victory. Check back all season long for free MLB picks at Sports Chat Place.
The Brewers couldn’t catch the Braves over the weekend, losing three straight in a sweep. During Sunday’s finale, Milwaukee outfielder Christian Yelich had two runs, two RBI and a homer. On Monday the Brewers out-hit the Nationals 10-7 but still lost 5-3. Christian Yelich posted three hits with a run in the loss, and Joey Wiemer managed a solo homer.
In the starter role for the Brewers on Tuesday it’ll be Freddy Peralta. In his 20 starts this year Peralta is 6-8 with a 4.46 ERA and 131 Ks in 109.0 innings. Over his last seven starts Peralta is 1-2 with a 3.96 ERA and 56 Ks in 38.2 innings total.
Milwaukee Brewers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won five of the Brewers’ last six games at Nationals Park.
- The Brewers have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games.
- The Brewers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four night games against National League opponents.
- The Brewers have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last seven night games against National League opponents.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Brewers’ last three games as favourites.
Over on the Nationals’ side, they had a rough weekend as well with three losses in four games versus the Mets. On Sunday Washington’s Ildemaro Vargas was the only player with an RBI. Matched up against Milwaukee on Monday the Nationals’ Joey Meneses had three hits, a home run and three RBI along the way to the win. Lane Thomas had a great evening as well with two hits, a run and two RBI.
Josiah Gray will take the mound for the starting role Tuesday. In his 21 starts this year Gray is 7-8 with a 3.27 ERA and 102 Ks in 118.1 innings. Gray has gone 3-3 in his last seven starts with a 3.43 ERA and 36 strikeouts over 39.1 innings.
Washington Nationals Team Facts
- The Nationals have won each of their last six games as home underdogs.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the Nationals’ last nine games at Nationals Park.
- The Nationals have led after 5 innings in each of their last six games as home underdogs.
- The ‘Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Nationals’ last four home games.
- The Nationals have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games as home underdogs.
Washington Nationals Player Prop Facts
- CJ Abrams ranks T7th in the league in Steals (25) this season.
- The Washington Nationals ranks 30th in the league for home runs allowed this season (153).
- The Washington Nationals ranks 2nd in the league for strikeouts against this season (756).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 28th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.377).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for hits this season (820).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’ll stay with the Nationals. Gray is pitching well over his last two games. In that pair he’s 1-0 with just one earned in 13.0 innings on six hits and six walks. Peralta should do well here also. After giving up six earned in 5.0 innings to Atlanta on July 21, Peralta bounced back with 6.0 clean frames, four hits and no walks versus Cincinnati his last time up. In the Monday opener, Washington maximized their opportunities at the plate and were able to power out a nice win to kick things off. There were just two hits outside of Thomas and Meneses’ combined five though, so it’s going to take a more balanced offensive effort to keep things rolling on Tuesday.