NBA Picks

Portland Trail Blazers vs Sacramento Kings Analysis, Odds 10/19/2022 NBA Prop Bets

Portland Trail Blazers at Sacramento Kings
October 19, 2022 10:10 pm EDT

The Portland Trail Blazers (0-0) face the Sacramento Kings (0-0) at Golden 1 Center. Let’s take a look at the NBA Prop Bets analysis for Wednesday’s season opener in Sacramento. The Kings are favored to win at -125, currently marked as 1.5-point favorites, while the Trail Blazers are at +105. The total points line is set at 225.0, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110, meaning the implied expected score for the game is 113-112 Sacramento.

  • The Trail Blazers (-110) had a 30-50-2 ATS record last season, while the Kings (-110) held a record of 37-42-3.
  • The Trail Blazers had a 38-44-0 O/U record last season (meaning 38 games went over the total points line and 44 went under). The Kings had a 43-37-2 O/U record last season.

Scoring Insights

  • The Trail Blazers scored 106.2 points per game last season (27th in the league). Comparatively, the Kings averaged +4.1 more at 110.3 points (16th).
  • Defensively, the Trail Blazers allowed a whopping 115.1 points per game last season (27th in the league), while the Kings gave up an average of 115.8 points (29th).

Game Style: What last year’s stats tell us

Last year’s stats are an important indicator for predicting future performance because they show strengths and weaknesses in strategy and game play. They also show how well teams did against other teams in their division and conference, which gives us an idea of how they might do today. So let’s take a look at each team’s KPIs from the 21/22 season.

Field Goal Split

  • Looking at field goal splits, 42.2% of the Trail Blazers’ field goal attempts came from three point range (12th in the league), leaving 57.8% from two. Meanwhile, the Kings’ opponents recorded 38.6% of their attempts from three (16th) and 61.4% from two.
  • Comparatively, Sacramento took 37.7% of shots from three (21st), leaving 62.3% from two, while Portland’s opponents attempted 43.2% from three (25th) and 56.8% from two.

Beyond the Arc

  • In terms of made three-pointers, the Trail Blazers shot 34.6% from deep last season (23rd in the NBA), compared to the Kings who made 34.4% of their attempts (24th).
  • On the opposite end, Portland held opponents to 37.1% of their three-point attempts (28th), while Sacramento’s opponents hit 37.2% of their shots (29th).

Ball Protection

  • The Trail Blazers committed 13.7 turnovers per game last season, ranking 23rd in the league, while the Kings forced 12.6 turnovers (18th).
  • Flipping that script, Portland forced 13.3 turnovers (12th), while Sacramento committed 13.5 (21st).

Crashing the Boards

  • Portland recorded 42.9 rebounds per game last season (27th in the league), including 10.4 offensive boards (T12th). Conversely, Sacramento’s opponents averaged 45.8 rebounds (22nd), 10.6 of which came on the offensive end (22nd).
  • Meanwhile, the Kings averaged 42.9 rebounds (26th) and 9.6 offensive rebounds (22nd), while the Trail Blazers allowed 44.7 and 9.8, ranking 20th and 8th.

First Quarter Winner

Here are their first quarter records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog Last 10
  • Portland 35-46-1 17-23-1 18-23-0 15-13-0 20-33-1
  • Sacramento 34-45-3 17-22-2 17-23-1 11-14-0 23-31-3

First Half Winner

Here are their first half records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Portland 33-48-1 17-23-1 16-25-0 17-11-0 16-37-1
  • Sacramento 36-43-3 20-21-0 16-22-3 16-8-1 20-35-2

HT/FT

  • The Trail Blazers completed the HT/FT double in 24.4% of games last season, while the Kings completed the HT/FT double in 25.6% of games.

To Go To Overtime

  • The Trail Blazers played in two games that went to overtime last season, while the Kings appeared in three.

Both Teams 110+

  • Both teams scored 110+ points in 22 of Portland’s 82 games last season. Meanwhile, 36 of Sacramento’s 82 games saw both squads reach that number.

Last Time They Met

Portland recorded a 103-88 victory over Sacramento at Moda Center when these teams last met on January 9, 2022. Jusuf Nurkic cleaned the glass on that day, finishing with 16 rebounds, as well as 14 points and 9 assists.


Related Articles

Back to top button