Brooklyn Nets (21-31) vs. Boston Celtics (41-12)
February 14, 2024 7:30 pm EDT
The Line: Boston Celtics -12; Over/Under: +229
(Get latest betting odds)
The Brooklyn Nets need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. The Boston Celtics are riding a 5-game winning streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Brooklyn Nets vs Boston Celtics prediction.
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
The Brooklyn Nets are coming off losses to the Cavs and Celtics while beating the Spurs. The Brooklyn Nets are averaging 113.9 points on 46.2 percent shooting and allowing 115.2 points on 46.9 percent shooting. Mikal Bridges is averaging 21.8 points and 4.9 rebounds, while Cam Thomas is averaging 21.4 points and 2.9 rebounds. Dennis Schroder is the third double-digit scorer, and Cameron Johnson is dishing 2.6 assists. The Brooklyn Nets are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 75.7 percent from the free throw line. The Brooklyn Nets are allowing 38 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.7 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Boston Celtics are coming off wins over the Grizzlies, Hawks, Wizards, Heat, and Nets. The Boston Celtics are averaging 120.4 points on 48 percent shooting and allowing 111 points on 44.9 percent shooting. Jayson Tatum is averaging 27 points and 8.5 rebounds, while Jaylen Brown is averaging 22 points and 5.6 rebounds. Kristaps Porzingis is the third double-digit scorer and Derrick White is grabbing 3.9 rebounds. The Boston Celtics are shooting 37.8 percent from beyond the arc and 80.8 percent from the free throw line. The Boston Celtics are allowing 35.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 47.2 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics Team Facts
- The Celtics have won each of their last 19 home games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Celtics have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games following a win.
- Each of the Celtics’ last four games against the Nets following a road win have gone OVER the total points line.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have lost 11 of their last 12 games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a winning record.
- The Nets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- Each of the Nets’ last six games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
Brooklyn Nets vs Boston Celtics prediction
The Nets and Celtics just played each other yesterday and usually the second game is more competitive as there are no surprises from either team. The Nets put up a fight in last night’s loss, and 6 of the last 10 meetings against the Celtics have been decided by 10 or fewer points. The Boston Celtics have the ability to blow the doors off here, but they’re also 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games. The Celtics keep getting these massive numbers and they’re not covering them. Give me the Nets and the points once again.