Charlotte Hornets (6-11) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (14-4)
2023-12-02 17:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Charlotte Hornets +5.5 -- Over/Under: 219.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Minnesota Timberwolves are riding a 3-game winning streak. The Charlotte Hornets look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Minnesota Timberwolves vs Charlotte Hornets prediction.
Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Preview
The Minnesota Timberwolves have beaten the Grizzlies, Thunder, and Jazz during this streak. The Minnesota Timberwolves are averaging 112.3 points on 48.2 percent shooting and allowing 105.3 points on 42.7 percent shooting. Anthony Edwards is averaging 26.2 points and 5.9 rebounds, while Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 21.8 points and 3 assists. Rudy Gobert is the third double-digit scorer and Naz Reid is grabbing 3.9 rebounds. The Minnesota Timberwolves are shooting 37.1 percent from beyond the arc and 78.1 percent from the free throw line. The Minnesota Timberwolves are allowing 33.1 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.2 rebounds per game.
Minnesota Timberwolves Team Facts
- The Timberwolves have lost each of their last seven games at Spectrum Center against teams that held a losing record.
- The Timberwolves have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against Southeast Division opponents that held a losing record.
- Each of the Timberwolves’ last seven Saturday road games have gone OVER the total points line.
Charlotte Hornets Betting Preview
The Charlotte Hornets beat the Nets on Thursday to rebound from losses to the Magic and Knicks. The Charlotte Hornets are averaging 113.6 points on 47.2 percent shooting and allowing 122.1 points on 49.1 percent shooting. LaMelo Ball is averaging 24.7 points and 5.5 rebounds, while Terry Rozier is averaging 22.5 points and 3.4 rebounds. Miles Bridges is the third double-digit scorer and Brandon Miller is grabbing 4 rebounds. The Charlotte Hornets are shooting 36.6 percent from beyond the arc and 77.3 percent from the free throw line. The Charlotte Hornets are allowing 38.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.5 rebounds per game.
Charlotte Hornets Team Facts
- The Hornets have lost each of their last eight Saturday games against Northwest Division opponents that held a winning record.
- The Hornets have covered the spread in six of their last seven night games against the Timberwolves.
- Seven of the Hornets’ last eight home games against Northwest Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Timberwolves vs Hornets Prediction
The Charlotte Hornets have won 6 of the last 7 meetings against the Timberwolves, but this is a different time period. The Timberwolves are playing their best ball in years and are digging deep defensively. The Charlotte Hornets are piling up the losses, still without their best player in LaMelo Ball, and are 7-10 ATS despite being underdogs nightly. The line is reasonable. Give me the Timberwolves in a comfortable road victory.