Charlotte Hornets (6-13) vs Toronto Raptors (9-12)
2023-12-08 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Charlotte Hornets +4.5 -- Over/Under: 223.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Toronto Raptors have lost 4 of their last 5 games. The Charlotte Hornets also need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Toronto Raptors vs Charlotte Hornets prediction.
Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
The Toronto Raptors have lost to the Cavs, Nets, Knicks, and Heat during this losing skid. The Toronto Raptors are averaging 110.8 points on 46.1 percent shooting and allowing 112.5 points on 47 percent shooting. Pascal Siakam is averaging 20.5 points and 7 rebounds, while Scottie Barnes is averaging 19.2 points and 9.1 rebounds. Dennis Schroder is the third double-digit scorer, and O.G. Anunoby is grabbing 4.4 rebounds. The Toronto Raptors are shooting 33.9 percent from beyond the arc and 73.4 percent from the free throw line. The Toronto Raptors are allowing 36.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46 rebounds per game.
Toronto Raptors Team Facts
- The Raptors have lost each of their last five games as road favorites following a home loss.
- The Raptors have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games at Spectrum Center following a home loss.
- Each of the Raptors’ last four night games at Spectrum Center have gone UNDER the total points line.
Charlotte Hornets Betting Preview
The Charlotte Hornets have lost to the Magic, Knicks, Timberwolves, and Bulls during this skid. The Charlotte Hornets are averaging 113.1 points on 47.1 percent shooting and allowing 121.6 points on 48.8 percent shooting. LaMelo Ball is averaging 24.7 points and 5.5 rebounds, while Terry Rozier is averaging 22.8 points and 3.8 rebounds. Miles Bridges is the third double-digit scorer and Gordon Hayward is grabbing 5 rebounds. The Charlotte Hornets are shooting 36.5 percent from beyond the arc and 78.6 percent from the free throw line. The Charlotte Hornets are allowing 38.8 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.9 rebounds per game.
Charlotte Hornets Team Facts
- The Hornets have lost each of their last seven home games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Hornets have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven home games against Atlantic Division opponents that held a losing record.
- Each of the Hornets’ last eight Friday games at Spectrum Center have gone UNDER the total points line.
Toronto Raptors vs Charlotte Hornets prediction
The Toronto Raptors aren’t a team I’m thrilled to back, especially in the favorite role on the road. However, the Hornets are in far worse shape, they’re 7-12 ATS on the year, and they’re still without their best player in LaMelo Ball. The Raptors have won and covered each of the last 4 meetings against the Hornets. If the Raptors can’t win this game, it’s probably going to be a long season and difficult to sneak into the playoffs. I’ll lay the reasonable number with Toronto.