The Houston Rockets travel to the Crypto.com Arena to take on the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night.
The Houston Rockets have emerged as one of the hottest teams in the league as they are now aiming for a seventh straight victory after taking down the red-hot Nuggets in a 107-104 win on Sunday. Fred VanVleet led the team with 26 points, Alperen Sengun added 23 points with eight rebounds and five assists while Jeff Green chipped in with 15 points on five of seven shooting off the bench. As a team, the Rockets shot just 42 percent from the field and 10 of 32 from the 3-point line, but they were aggressive on the offensive end to outscore the Nuggets by 23-11 at the free throw line and they took care of the ball to finish with just nine turnovers.
Houston Rockets Team Facts
- The Rockets have lost each of their last eight games at Crypto.com Arena.
- The Rockets have failed to cover the spread in 14 of their last 15 games as road underdogs against Western Conference opponents.
- Each of the Rockets' last five road games against Western Conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Los Angeles Clippers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Clippers are currently one of the coldest teams in the league as they are now hoping to avoid a seventh straight defeat after falling short to the Nuggets in a 111-108 road loss on Tuesday. Paul George led the team with 35 points, seven rebounds and three assists, James Harden added 21 points while Kawhi Leonard added 15 points and five steals. As a team, the Clippers shot 43 percent from the field and 13 of 29 from the 3-point line as they took it to the Nuggets to take a 102-98 lead late in the fourth quarter, only to see the Nuggets go on a 11-2 run to snatch the game from them in the end.
Los Angeles Clippers Team Facts
- The Clippers have won each of their last 11 games as a favorite when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Clippers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Friday home games.
- Seven of the Clippers' last eight games against the Rockets following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
The Rockets are still shorthanded with Victor Oladipo still out, while the Clippers are still missing Mason Plumlee. The Rockets have suddenly become the hottest team in the league following a slow start to the season, while the Clippers have struggled to win games despite their revamped starting lineup. The Rockets have done such a great job to get to this point as they've recently beaten the Kings (twice), Lakers, Pelicans and the Nuggets, but you just know that sooner or later the Clippers will finally click into gear and string together some wins. I can see why the Clippers are favored at home, but I just feel that this is too many free points to be giving a Rockets team playing this well.