New Orleans Pelicans (31-22) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (18-35)
February 12, 2024 8:00 pm EDT
The Line: Memphis Grizzlies +8.5; Over/Under: +224
(Get latest betting odds)
The New Orleans Pelicans travel to the FedExForum to battle the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night. Here’s a Pelicans vs Grizzlies Prediction.
New Orleans Pelicans
The New Orleans Pelicans have been in great form as they’ve won five of their last six games overall and they will be eager to stay hot after outlasting the Trail Blazers in a 93-84 road win on Saturday. Trey Murphy led the team with 24 points on seven of 10 shooting, Brandon Ingram added 17 points with nine assists while Jonas Valanciunas chipped in with 16 points and nine rebounds on seven of nine shooting. As a team, the Pelicans shot 47 percent from the field and 10 of 27 from the 3-point line as they traded with the pesky Trail Blazers in a close contest until they went on a 18-6 run in the fourth quarter to pull away and earn the gritty road win. The Pels will face the Wizards after this game.
Meanwhile, the Memphis Grizzlies have been in a major slump as they are now hoping to arrest an eight-game slide after falling short to the lowly Hornets in a 115-106 road defeat on Saturday. Jaren Jackson Jr. led the team with 29 points on 12 of 23 shooting, GG Jackson added 16 points off the bench while Vince Williams Jr chipped in with 14 points and eight assists. As a team, the Grizzlies shot 46 percent from the field and 16 of 44 from the 3-point line as they struggled to keep pace early and scored just 21 points in the second quarter to fall behind by 14 points which was too much to overcome on this occasion with their depth already stretched.
Memphis Grizzlies Team Facts
- The Grizzlies have lost each of their last 10 home games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- The Grizzlies have failed to cover the spread in 10 of their last 11 home games against Southwest Division opponents.
- Each of the Grizzlies’ last four games have gone OVER the total points line.
New Orleans Pelicans Team Facts
- The Pelicans have won each of their last eight night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Pelicans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games as favorites against Southwest Division opponents.
- Six of the Pelicans’ last seven night games against Southwest Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Pelicans vs Grizzlies Prediction
The Pelicans could be shorthanded again with Cody Zeller and Zion Williamson both listed as questionable, while the Grizzlies have ruled Ziaire Williams, Desmond Bane and Derrick Rose all out. The Pelicans are coming into this game with plenty of momentum with five wins in their past six outings and they played great defense to hold the Trail Blazers to just 84 points on Saturday, while the Grizzlies struggled to keep pace with the ice-cold Hornets despite getting a couple players back from injury. The Pelicans have been on a roll lately and I think they can keep it going with another comfortable road win here.