Denver Nuggets (36-17) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (34-19)
February 12, 2024 8:00 pm EDT
The Line: Milwaukee Bucks +1.5; Over/Under: +234
(Get latest betting odds)
The Denver Nuggets and the Milwaukee Bucks duke it out at the Fiserv Forum on Monday night. Here’s a Nuggets vs Bucks Prediction.
The Denver Nuggets have been in great form as they’ve won eight of their last 11 games overall, but they will be looking to bounce back in this one after getting embarrassed by the Kings in a 135-106 road defeat on Friday. Nikola Jokic led the team with 23 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, Aaron Gordon added 14 points on five of eight shooting while Chris Braun chipped in with 13 points off the bench. As a team, the Nuggets shot 46 percent from the field and 10 of 29 from the 3-point line, but their problems were on the defensive end as they leaked 35 points in the second quarter and another 39 points in the third quarter to suffer one of the worst defeats of the season. The Nuggets will meet the Kings and Wizards after this one.
Meanwhile, the Milwaukee Bucks have been in a rut as they’ve lost five of their last seven games overall, but they will be eager to build some momentum after snapping a three-game skid with a 120-84 win over the Hornets on Friday. Damian Lillard led the team with 26 points and eight assists, Malik Beasley drained seven 3-pointers to finish with 21 points while Giannis Antetokounmpo tallied 15 points with 14 rebounds. As a team, the Bucks shot 43 percent from the field and 18 of 52 from the 3-point line as they dominated right from the start, outscoring the Hornets by 66-38 in the first half to allow them to cruise in the second half and rest all of their starters early.
Milwaukee Bucks Team Facts
- The Bucks have lost each of their last 13 games as underdogs.
- The Bucks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 games as underdogs against Western Conference opponents following a win.
- Each of the Bucks’ last seven home games against Western Conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The Nuggets have won each of their last eight games following a loss.
- The Nuggets have covered the spread in each of their last four games at Fiserv Forum against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Nuggets’ last six games against Eastern Conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Nuggets vs Bucks Prediction
The Nuggets could be shorthanded once again with Michael Porter Jr and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope both listed as questionable, while the Bucks are still without Khris Middleton who should miss the next two games. The Nuggets are coming into this meeting with plenty of winning momentum as they were on a great run before getting stopped in their tracks by hte Kings in an ugly loss on Friday, while the Bucks are mired in their worst slump of the season and were looking terrible before their big win over the ice-cold Hornets. The Bucks are certainly tempting as the home underdog in this spot, but the Nuggets have clearly been the more reliable team over the past two weeks and I think they get the win and cover in a close one here.