The Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at Bank of America Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Minnesota Vikings Betting Preview
The Minnesota Vikings are still looking for their first win of the season. The Minnesota Vikings look to avoid their first 0-4 start since 2011 when they won 3 games on the year. Kirk Cousins is completing 69.6 percent of his passes for 1,075 yards, 9 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison have combined for 643 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while T.J. Hockenson has 23 receptions. The Minnesota Vikings ground game is averaging 66.3 yards per contest, and Alexander Mattison leads the way with 155 yards on 39 carries. Defensively, Minnesota is allowing 27.3 points and 382.3 yards per game. Camryn Bynum leads the Minnesota Vikings with 31 tackles, Danielle Hunter has 5 sacks and Theo Jackson has 1 interception.
Minnesota Vikings Team Facts
- The Vikings have lost each of their last three games as favorites.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in six of their last seven games as favorites following a loss.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have won the first half in each of their last seven games in October.
Carolina Panthers Betting Preview
The Carolina Panthers are also looking for their first win of the season. The Panthers look to avoid their first 0-4 start since 2010 when they won 2 games on the year. Andy Dalton is completing 58.6 percent of his passes for 361 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Adam Thielen and DJ Chark Jr. have combined for 312 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Hayden Hurst has 9 receptions. The Carolina Panthers ground game is averaging 99.3 yards per contest, and Miles Sanders leads the way with 139 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Carolina is allowing 27 points and 329 yards per game. Derrick Brown leads the Carolina Panthers with 20 tackles, Brian Burns has 3 sacks and Deion Jones has 1 interception.
Carolina Panthers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won five of the Panthers' last six Week 4 games.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven home games in October.
- The home team has won the first quarter in four of the last five games between the Vikings and Panthers.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games as home underdogs against NFC North opponents.
- The Panthers have won the first half in each of their last five Week 4 games.
- The Panthers ranked 29th in the NFL in yards per game (306.2) last season
- The Panthers ranked 29th in the NFL in passing yards per game (176.2) last season
- The Vikings ranked 1st in the NFC North for passing yards per game last season (263.8)
- The Vikings ranked 31st in the NFL in yards allowed per game (388.7) last season
The Minnesota Vikings are the more talented team and should win this game, but they also shouldn't be 0-3 on the year. The Vikings were given every chance to beat the Chargers last week, but couldn't close the deal. The Vikings still can't run the ball, and their defense is 26th in both scoring defense and total defense. Yes, the Panthers have issues of their own and who knows if Dalton or Bryce Young will be quarterback. At least we're getting points and home field with the Panthers. I want little to do with the Vikings, probably the biggest underachiever up to this point. Give me the home dog.