The New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at AT&T Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New England Patriots Betting Preview
The New England Patriots look for back-to-back wins to get to a .500 record. The Patriots have split their last 10 road games. Mac Jones is completing 64.8 percent of his passes for 748 yards, 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Kendrick Bourne and Hunter Henry have combined for 264 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Mike Gesicki has 9 receptions. The New England Patriots ground game is averaging 107 yards per contest, and Rhamondre Stevenson leads the way with 134 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, New England is allowing 19.7 points and 270.3 yards per game. Ja’Whaun Bentley leads the New England Patriots with 21 tackles, Matthew Judon has 4 sacks and Christian Gonzalez has 1 interception.
New England Patriots Team Facts
- The favorites have won each of the Patriots' last 13 games.
- The Patriots have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as underdogs.
- The Patriots have won the first half in 15 of their last 18 October games against NFC opponents.
- The Patriots have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Patriots' last five games as road underdogs have gone OVER the total points line.
Dallas Cowboys Betting Preview
The Dallas Cowboys look for their second home win to improve to 3-1 on the season. The Cowboys have won 9 straight home games. Dak Prescott is completing 67.6 percent of his passes for 647 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup have combined for 378 receiving yards on 27 catches, while Jake Ferguson has 10 receptions. The Dallas Cowboys ground game is averaging 147 yards per contest, and Tony Pollard leads the way with 264 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Dallas is allowing 12.7 points and 262 yards per game. Jayron Kearse leads the Dallas Cowboys with 15 tackles, Micah Parsons has 4 sacks and DaRon Bland has 1 interception.
Dallas Cowboys Team Facts
- The Cowboys have won each of their last nine games at AT&T Stadium.
- The Cowboys have covered the spread in each of their last seven games as favorites following a loss.
- The Cowboys have lost the first quarter in four of their last five Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six games against AFC opponents.
- The Cowboys have lost the first half in each of their last five games as home favorites following a road loss.
- The Cowboys ranked 1st in the NFL in fumbles recovered (17) last season
- The Cowboys ranked 1st in the NFC East for points allowed per game last season (20.1)
- The Patriots were the only team in the NFL to rank top 5 for both interceptions and fumbles recovered last season
- The Patriots ranked 1st in the NFL in punt return yards per game (24.6) last season
The Dallas Cowboys are the more talented team, and they're at home, so this line isn't surprising. The Cowboys will also be eager to get that nasty taste out of their mouth after that loss to the Cardinals. However, we're getting a full touchdown with the road team. No matter what you think of the Patriots and their sluggish offense, they're a well coached team with one of the better defenses in the league. The Patriots are fifth in total defense, fifth in passing defense and 11th in scoring defense. The Pats are capable of making this game sluggish. Give me the Patriots and the free touchdown.