The Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions meet Sunday in week 11 NFL action at Ford Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Chicago Bears Betting Preview
The Chicago Bears look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. The Bears have lost 4 of their last 5 road games. Tyson Bagent is completing 65.7 percent of his passes for 859 yards, 3 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. DJ Moore and Cole Kmet have combined for 1,212 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, while Darnell Mooney has 22 receptions. The Chicago Bears ground game is averaging 135.1 yards per contest, and D'Onta Foreman leads the way with 367 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Chicago is allowing 25.5 points and 324.2 yards per game. T.J. Edwards leads the Chicago Bears with 112 tackles, Yannick Ngakoue has 3 sacks and Jaylon Johnson has 2 interceptions.
Chicago Bears Team Facts
- The Bears have lost each of their last 12 Sunday road games.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight games as underdogs following a win.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four road games against NFC opponents.
- The Bears have lost the first half in each of their last eight Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bears have won the first quarter in each of their last two November games as underdogs against the Lions.
Detroit Lions Betting Preview
The Detroit Lions look to stay hot after winning 6 of their last 7 games. The Lions have won 3 straight home games. Jared Goff is completing 68.4 percent of his passes for 2,507 yards, 14 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta have combined for 1,295 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Josh Reynolds has 24 receptions. The Detroit Lions ground game is averaging 139 yards per contest, and David Montgomery leads the way with 501 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Detroit is allowing 22.6 points and 310.7 yards per game. Alex Anzalone leads the Detroit Lions with 66 tackles, Aidan Hutchinson has 4.5 sacks and Jerry Jacobs has 3 interceptions.
Detroit Lions Team Facts
- The Lions have won each of their last six games against NFC North opponents.
- The Lions have covered the spread in each of their last 11 games against NFC North opponents.
- The Lions have won the first half in each of their last 11 games as favorites against NFC North opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in nine the Lions' last 12 Week 11 games.
- The Lions have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 10 games as home favorites against NFC North opponents.
The Detroit Lions obviously have the ability to blow the doors off here, and they're the clear better team. The Chicago Bears struggle on both sides of the ball and their defense is 27th in scoring. With all that said, this is the first time since 2017 where the Lions are double-digit favorites. The Lions also have a quick turnaround on Thanksgiving. This could be a win and get out situation where the Lions are focused on getting healthy and not pouring it on. Lot of points here. Give me the Bears and the points if forced to pick.