The Los Angeles Chargers and the Green Bay Packers meet Sunday in NFL action from Lambeau Field. Los Angeles is sitting at 4-5 overall this year. The Chargers took a tough loss to the Lions on Sunday in their last appearance. As for Green Bay, they’re 3-6 so far following their own close loss to the Steelers on Sunday. Check back all season long for free NFL picks at Sports Chat Place.
Los Angeles Chargers
The Chargers have had some pretty solid offensive moments this season, however they haven’t quite found a consistent groove. LA is averaging 26.6 points per game (and giving up 23.9) with 249.1 yards per game, 18 TDs and five picks from passing. On the ground the Chargers own a 100.8 yards per game average with nine scores and 3.8 yards per carry.
In their last matchup versus the Lions, LA got it going on the scoreboard but also allowed plenty of scoring. The Chargers scored in every quarter in what ended up being a rough 41-38 defeat. QB Justin Herbert logged 323 yards with four scores and a pick, while Austin Ekeler had 67 yards rushing with a score. Keenan Allen had a nice game receiving on 175 yards and two TDs.
Los Angeles Chargers Team Facts
- The Chargers have lost three of their last four games as favorites against NFC North opponents.
- The favorites have covered the spread in each of the Chargers' last six games.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Chargers' last six games.
- The Chargers have won the first quarter in each of their last six Week 11 games.
- The Chargers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last nine games as favorites.
Green Bay Packers
Over on the Packers’ side, they’re struggling to put up points consistently as well. Green Bay is averaging just 19.9 points per game, however the defense has kept them in games with a 20.2 points per game average. The Packers have just five rushing touchdowns and 102.1 yards per game on average alongside 14 pass scores, 10 picks and 208.9 yards per game through the air.
In their latest matchup Sunday versus the Steelers, Green Bay was in position to snag a comeback win down the stretch but ultimately fell short 23-19. QB Jordan Love logged 289 yards with two scores and two interceptions along the way. AJ Dillon rushed for 70 yards on nine carries and Jayden Reed had 84 yards with a TD on five catches.
Green Bay Packers Team Facts
- The Packers have lost each of their last six Week 11 games.
- The Packers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six Week 11 games.
- The Packers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Packers have lost the first half in each of their last six games against AFC opponents.
- Each of the Packers' last five games following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Packers rank 1st in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (55.8).
- The Packers rank 32nd in the NFL in Q2 points per game this season (3.2).
- The Chargers rank 32nd in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (291.2).
- The Chargers rank 1st in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (9).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to take a stab the Packers at home. Probably not touching this one, though; there’s not a ton to get excited about here. That said, we should have a pretty competitive matchup. Green Bay is coming off 399 total yards (283 passing) and 17 first downs in a feisty road loss to the Steelers. The Packers had a couple of interception mistakes in that one, but they did well on third downs with a 50 percent conversion rate. Green Bay hasn’t scored more than 20 points in seven straight games however, so the defense is going to have to come through.
As for Los Angeles, they posted 421 yards (323 passing) in the shootout versus the Lions over the weekend. That makes 27 or more points scored in three straight games, so they’ve certainly got an advantage on offense here. I still like the Packers defense enough to think they’ll cover, but I’m staying away.