The Indianapolis Colts and the Houston Texans meet in week 2 NFL action from NRG Stadium on Sunday Afternoon.
Colts Fall Short Vs. Jaguars
The Indianapolis Colts once again started the season on a low note, as they did for much of the last regime with Frank Reich in charge, taking a 31-21 loss to Jacksonville last time out. Anthony Richardson threw for 223 yards, a touchdown and an interception on 24 of 37 passing while also rushing for 40 yards and a touchdown as well. Michael Pittman led Indy’s receiving corps with 8 grabs for 97 yards and a touchdown while Kylen Granson had 4 grabs for 39 yards. On defense, Zaire Franklin led the Colts with 18 total tackles including 10 solo tackles while DeForest Buckner and Kwity Paye each had a sack. Tony Brown also added an interception for Indianapolis in the loss as well.
Indianapolis Colts Team Facts
- The Colts have lost each of their last eight games.
- The Colts have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six road openers against AFC opponents.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last 10 games at NRG Stadium.
- The Colts have lost the first half in each of their last nine games as favorites.
- The Colts have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight games as favorites against AFC opponents.
Indianapolis Colts Player Prop Facts
- Rodney Thomas ranked T4th in the AFC for Interceptions (4) last season
Texans Stymied In Baltimore
The Houston Texans started the C.J. Stroud era with a 25-9 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on the road in their season opener. Stroud threw for 242 yards on 28 of 44 passing while Dameon Pierce led the Texans with 38 rushing yards on 11 carries. Nico Collins led Houston’s receiving group with 6 grabs for 80 yards while Robert Woods had 6 receptions of his own for 57 yards. On defense, Denzel Perryman led the Texans with 11 total tackles while the Houston defense combined for 4 sacks and Steven Nelson added an interception as well for the Texans in the loss.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost each of their last 10 games at NRG Stadium following a road loss.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five home games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Texans have won the first half in each of their last four September games against AFC South opponents.
- The Texans have lost the first quarter in four of their last five home games against teams that held a losing record.
- Each of the last seven games between the Colts and Texans at NRG Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Houston Texans Player Prop Facts
- Jalen Pitre ranked T5th in the NFL in Interceptions (5) last season
- The Texans ranked 32nd in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game (170.2) last season
- The Texans ranked 31st in the NFL in yards per game (283.5) last season
- The Colts ranked 1st in the NFL in average kickoff return (27.8 yards) last season
- The Colts ranked 32nd in the NFL in turnover differential (-13) last season
I’m leaning towards Indianapolis here. I liked what I saw for the full game for the most part from the Colts. Houston had a solid first half against the Ravens, but the Texans just ran out of gas and I’m concerned that it could be a pattern going forward for the Texans this season. I think the Texans will be fine down the road, but I just feel like the Colts have a better likelihood of carrying any success over for this game. Give me Indianapolis.