The Pittsburgh Steelers and Houston Texans meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at NRG Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Steelers look for a third straight win to improve to 3-1 on the year. The Steelers hav won 5 straight road games. Kenny Pickett is completing 59.6 percent of his passes for 689 yards, 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. George Pickens and Calvin Austin III have combined for 357 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Jaylen Warren has 12 receptions. The Pittsburgh Steelers ground game is averaging 67 yards per contest, and Najee Harris leads the way with 139 yards on 35 carries. Defensively, Pittsburgh is allowing 23.3 points and 387 yards per game. Kwon Alexander leads the Pittsburgh Steelers with 24 tackles, T.J. Watt has 6 sacks and Levi Wallace has 2 interceptions.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Facts
- The Steelers have won each of their last nine road games against AFC South opponents.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last seven games against AFC South opponents.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in 10 of their last 11 games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Steelers have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last 10 road games against AFC South opponents.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in eight of their last nine games as favorites against AFC opponents.
Houston Texans Betting Preview
The Houston Texans look for another win to get to a .500 record. The Texans haven’t won a home game since December 2021. C.J. Stroud is completing 64.5 percent of his passes for 906 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Nico Collins and Tank Dell have combined for 511 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Robert Woods has 15 receptions. The Houston Texans ground game is averaging 70 yards per contest, and Dameon Pierce leads the way with 100 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Houston is allowing 24.3 points and 340.7 yards per game. Henry To'oTo'o leads the Houston Texans with 20 tackles, Jonathan Greenard has 1 sack and Steven Nelson has 1 interception.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost each of their last eight games at NRG Stadium.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four Week 4 games.
- The Texans have lost the first half in each of their last four Week 4 games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three of the Texans' last four games.
- Four of the Texans' last five Sunday games as home underdogs have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Texans ranked 32nd in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game (170.2) last season
- The Texans ranked 31st in the NFL in yards per game (283.5) last season
- The Steelers ranked T1st in the NFL in interceptions (20) last season
- The Steelers ranked 32nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered (3) last season
The Pittsburgh Steelers cant run the ball or stop the run, but the Texans are 29th in rushing offense, so that may not matter here. A Steelers defense that leads the league with 13 sacks is sure to give a rookie quarterback in C.J. Stroud trouble. Stroud has already been sacked 11 times this season. Only six quarterbacks have been sacked more than Stroud. This won't be the prettiest matchup, but it's the Steelers defense that gives the road team the edge. I'll lay the field goal with the Steelers.