The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Indianapolis Colts meet Sunday in NFL action from Lucas Oil Stadium. Tampa Bay is sitting at 4-6 overall this year. The Buccaneers lost to the 49ers this past Sunday. As for Indianapolis, they’re 5-5 and coming off an open week. The Colts last appeared in a win over New England on November 12. You're welcome to read our Buccaneers vs Colts Prediction.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buccaneers’ defense has been pretty good on average so far this year, allowing just 20.0 points per game. Offensively Tampa Bay has notched just 19.2 points per game however, alongside 227.8 yards per game, 15 touchdowns and six picks through the air. On the ground the Bucs average just 76.9 yards per game with four rushing scores so far.
In their latest matchup back on Sunday versus the 49ers, the Buccaneers were within six points at the break. Tampa Bay gave up 14 unanswered third-quarter points however and lost 27-14. QB Baker Mayfield posted 246 yards with one TD and one interception, while Rachaad White led an anemic rush on 30 yards and a TD.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The Buccaneers have won seven of their last eight away games when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs before a Division game.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight road games in November.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first half in nine of their last 11 road games following a road loss.
- Nine of the Buccaneers' last 10 road games following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Over on the Colts’ side, they’re averaging fewer points than they allow this year as well. Indianapolis is giving up 24.8 points per game so far, with 24.2 points scored. Through the air Indianapolis has 218.1 yards per game, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions. That’s complemented by a rush generating 118.0 yards per game with 13 scores.
The Colts last appeared on the field back on November 12 versus New England. That one was a low-scoring, defense-heavy game and an eventual 10-6 Indy win. Gardner Minshew finished with 194 yards passing and one interception. Jonathan Taylor led the rush with 69 yards and a TD, while Michael Pitmann added eight catches for 84 yards.
Indianapolis Colts Team Facts
- The Colts have lost each of their last seven home games against NFC opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Colts' last seven Week 12 games.
- The Colts have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games as home favorites.
- The Colts have lost the first half in each of their last seven home games against teams that held a losing record.
- Ten of the Colts' last 12 Sunday games as favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Colts rank T4th in the NFL in interceptions this season (11).
- The Colts rank 29th in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (11.8).
- The Buccaneers rank 32nd in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season (76.9).
- The Buccaneers rank 31st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (270.7).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to try Indianapolis. Probably not touching it, though. There’s not a ton to get excited about here, but the Colts will at least come in rested and (hopefully) prepared. Indianapolis put up just 264 yards (194 passing), 14 first downs and 5-of-13 on third-down tries in their last win over New England. The defense ended up playing pretty well, but it was the Colts’ lowest points total of the year—half of what it had been previously.
As for the Bucs, they gave up 420 yards (305 passing) and 22 first downs to a pretty good 49ers team on Sunday. Tampa Bay has been at 18 points or fewer in four of their last six games, so they’ll need to get going quickly here. Ultimately I don’t think they’ll cover versus the rested Colts at Lucas Oil, though.