The Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs meet Monday in NFL action from Arrowhead Stadium. The Eagles are 8-1 overall this year and coming off a bye week. Philadelphia last appeared in a five-point win over the Cowboys. As for 7-2 Kansas City, they’re coming off an open weekend as well following a one-score win over the Dolphins in Germany. Check back all season long for free NFL picks at Sports Chat Place.
The Eagles have notched a pretty solid mix of offensive and defensive prowess so far this year. Philly is averaging 28.0 points per game and allowing 21.7 points per game on defense. The scoring has mostly come through the air, with 15 touchdowns, eight interceptions and 247.1 yards per game from the pass. Philadelphia has scored 12 times on the ground and averages 129.7 rush yards per game.
In their last matchup back on November 5 versus the Cowboys, the Eagles were down 17-14 going into the second half. Philadelphia scored a couple of touchdowns in the third and held on for the 28-23 comeback win. QB Jalen Hurts finished with 207 yards and two touchdowns (with another score on the ground), while AJ Brown led the receivers on his 66 yards and one TD.
Philadelphia Eagles Team Facts
- The Eagles have won each of their last eight road games following a home win.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six Week 11 games as underdogs.
- The Eagles have won the first quarter in five of their last six road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in each of their last five games against AFC opponents.
- The home team has won the first half in each of the Eagles' last seven Week 11 games.
Kansas City Chiefs
Over on the Kansas City side, they’ve been leaning on defense more than the O this season. The Chiefs are allowing just 15.9 points per game this year, and scoring 23.1 points per game. KC is averaging 264.9 yards per game through the air with 17 TDs and 10 picks alongside 103.8 yards and four scores on the ground so far.
The Chiefs had to go all the way to Germany for their last game, but they returned with a W. Kansas City was up 21-0 by the break and were able to hold on for the win 21-14. Patrick Mahomes threw for 185 yards and two scores, while Isiah Pacheco had 66 rush yards. Noah Gray added 34 receiving yards on three catches.
Kansas City Chiefs Team Facts
- The Chiefs have won each of their last 14 games in November.
- The Chiefs have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine November games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Chiefs have won the first half in each of their last 10 games at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
- The Chiefs have won the first quarter in each of their last six November games at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
- The Chiefs have scored the first touchdown in 11 of their last 12 games at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
- The Chiefs are the only team in the NFL with 100% success rate on field goals and extra points this season.
- The Chiefs rank 1st in the NFL in Q2 points per game this season (12.0).
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game this season (66.3).
- The Eagles rank 32nd in the NFL in total punt yards this season (1069).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to take a stab on the Eagles. You could probably make a case either way, though; it should be a fun game to watch regardless. Philadelphia wasn’t super impressive in their win over the Cowboys, notching a middling 292 total yards (183 passing) and committing 10 penalties in a sloppy game (20 total flags). The defense gave up 406 total yards (333 passing) and 27 first downs, but did pretty well overall in the second half. The Eagles have now scored 28 or more points in three straight games since their (now inexcusable) loss to the lowly Jets.
As for Kansas City, they went just 3-of-10 on third downs with 16 total first downs and nine penalties in their win over the Dolphins in Germany. The Chiefs have been at 21 or fewer points in three of the last four games though, so they’ll want to get off to a quick start in this one. I like a back-and-forth matchup between two well-rested and prepared teams as the Eagles power out a cover here. Should be a great way to cap off the NFL week.