The Seattle Seahawks and New York Giants meet in week 4 NFL Monday Night Football action at MetLife Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Seattle Seahawks Betting Preview
The Seattle Seahawks look for a third straight win to improve to 3-1 on the year. The Seahawks have won 4 of their last 5 road games. Geno Smith is completing 68.9 percent of his passes for 736 yards, 4 touchdowns and 1 interception. DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett have combined for 337 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Noah Fant has 8 receptions. The Seattle Seahawks ground game is averaging 104.3 yards per contest, and Kenneth Walker III leads the way with 204 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Seattle is allowing 29.3 points and 407.3 yards per game. Bobby Wagner leads the Seattle Seahawks with 33 tackles, Jarran Reed has 1.5 sacks and Tre Brown has 1 interception.
Seattle Seahawks Team Facts
- The Seahawks have won each of their last nine Week 4 games.
- The Seahawks have covered the spread in each of their last eight games as underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The Seahawks have won the first half in each of their last six games in October.
- The Seahawks have won the first quarter in three of their last four October games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Seahawks have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games against NFC East opponents.
New York Giants Betting Preview
The New York Giants look for their first home win to get to a .500 record. The Giants are 1-3-1 SU in their last 5 home games. Daniel Jones is completing 64.9 percent of his passes for 562 yards, 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Darren Waller and Darius Slayton have combined for 241 receiving yards on 21 catches, while Jalin Hyatt has 2 receptions. The New York Giants ground game is averaging 88 yards per contest, and Saquon Barkley leads the way with 114 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, New York is allowing 32.7 points and 361.7 yards per game. Micah McFadden leads the New York Giants with 26 tackles, Kayvon Thibodeaux has 1 sack and Xavier McKinney has 3 pass deflections.
New York Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost each of their last seven Monday games played on the East Coast.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 home games against NFC West opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in each of their last five Monday games as favorites.
- The Giants have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games played as favorites on the East Coast.
- The Giants have lost the first half in each of their last 13 games against NFC West opponents.
- The Giants ranked 1st in the NFC East for rushing yards per game last season (148.2)
- The Giants ranked T31st in the NFL in interceptions (6) last season
- The Seahawks ranked 32nd in the NFL in punt return yards per game (6.4) last season
- The Seahawks ranked 1st in the NFC West for passing yards per game last season (231.4)
The Seattle Seahawks aren't off to the best start in the world, and their defense has serious work to do. The New York Giants are at home and have had extra time to prepare after not playing since last Thursday. I somewhat get this line. However, the Giants offensive line isn't good and it's now battling injuries. Daniel Jones is back to being a turnover machine, and he still won't have his security blanket in Saquon Barkley. Defensive troubles or not, a strong argument can be made the Seahawks are the better team here. Also, we know Geno Smith will be motivated after the Giants let him walk after 2017. Give me the free points with the better team.