Dallas Stars (13-5-3) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (10-9-5)
2023-12-02 14:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Dallas Stars -130 / Tampa Bay Lightning +105 --- Over/Under: 26.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Tampa Bay Lightning look to snap a 3-game losing streak. The Dallas Stars need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Tampa Bay Lightning vs Dallas Stars prediction.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Tampa Bay Lightning have lost to the Avalanche, Coyotes, and Penguins during this streak. The Tampa Bay Lightning are averaging 3.42 goals per game and are scoring on 32.9 percent of their power play opportunities. Nikita Kucherov leads Tampa Bay with 15 goals, Victor Hedman has 20 assists and Brayden Point has 71 shots on goal. Defensively, the Tampa Bay Lightning are allowing 3.54 goals per game and are killing 84.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jonas Johansson has given up 61 goals on 575 shots faced, while Matt Tomkins has allowed 10 goals on 90 shots.
Tampa Bay Lightning Team Facts
- The Lightning have won each of their last six games against the Stars following a loss.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in six of the Lightning’s last seven games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1’ market has hit in each of the Lightning’s last four day games.
- The Lightning have lost the first period in each of their last six games against Central Division opponents.
Dallas Stars Betting Preview
The Dallas Stars have lost to the Flames and Golden Knights during this losing stretch. The Dallas Stars are averaging 3.33 goals per game and are scoring on 20.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Joe Pavelski leads Dallas with 10 goals, Jason Robertson has 14 assists and Rope Hintz has 50 shots on goal. Defensively, the Dallas Stars are allowing 2.86 goals per game and are killing 88.9 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Oettinger has allowed 38 goals on 452 shots faced, and Scott Wedgewood has given up 19 goals on 214 shots.
Dallas Stars Team Facts
- The Stars have lost each of their last three games as home favorites against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Stars have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last eight Saturday games as favorites.
- The Stars have won the second period in four of their last five day games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Stars’ last five games as home favorites against the Lightning.
Lightning vs Stars Prediction
The Lightning aren’t in great form, and on the road with an early start isn’t where things likely turn around. The Dallas Stars are solid at both ends of the ice, disciplined defensively, and usually play well at home. The price is more than reasonable. Give me the Stars in a nice home victory over a Lightning side that can’t get out of their own way.