Florida Panthers (15-8-2) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (11-11-3)
2023-12-08 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Florida Panthers -152 / Pittsburgh Penguins +123 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Pittsburgh Penguins are riding a 3-game losing streak. The Florida Panthers look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Pittsburgh Penguins vs Florida Panthers prediction.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Penguins are coming off losses to the Flyers and Lightning. The Pittsburgh Penguins are averaging 2.96 goals per game and are scoring on 9.9 percent of their power play opportunities. Sidney Crosby leads Pittsburgh with 15 goals, Jake Guentzel has 19 assists, and Bryan Rust has 71 shots on goal. Defensively, the Pittsburgh Penguins are allowing 2.6 goals per game and are killing 83.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Tristan Jarry has allowed 45 goals on 539 shots faced, and Alex Nedelijkovic has given up 11 goals on 175 shots. The Penguins are 7th in the Metropolitan Division with 25 points, four more than the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Pittsburgh Penguins Team Facts
- The underdogs have won eight of the Penguins’ last nine games.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in eight of the Penguins’ last nine games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in each of the Penguins’ last eight games at Amerant Bank Arena.
- The favorites have won the first period in each of the Penguins’ last four games at Amerant Bank Arena.
Florida Panthers Betting Preview
The Florida Panthers beat the Stars on Wednesday to rebound from a loss to the Islanders. The Florida Panthers are averaging 3.08 goals per game and are scoring on 18.5 percent of their power play opportunities. Sam Reinhart leads Florida with 17 goals, Aleksander Barkov has 16 assists and Matthew Tkachuk has 100 shots on goal. Defensively, the Florida Panthers are allowing 2.6 goals per game and are killing 80.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Sergei Bobrovsky has allowed 47 goals on 523 shots faced, while Anthony Stolarz has given up 14 goals on 168 shots.
Florida Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have won eight of their last nine games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 10 Friday games as favorites.
- The favorites have won the first period in each of the last four games between the Penguins and Panthers at Amerant Bank Arena.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Panthers’ last six games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Florida Panthers prediction
Right when it looked like the Pittsburgh Penguins were turning the corner, they lose three straight games and the offense falls off a cliff. The Florida Panthers are at home, where they’ve been one of the best teams in the league over the last three years, and it’s hard to step in front of them in spots like this on their home ice. The Panthers are also the more trustworthy offensive side here. Give me the Panthers and the reasonable price.