Anaheim Ducks (18-31-2) vs. Montreal Canadiens (21-23-8)
February 13, 2024 7:00 pm EDT
The Line: Montreal Canadiens -189 / Anaheim Ducks +150; Over/Under: +6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Anaheim Ducks and the Montreal Canadiens meet in NHL action from the Bell Centre on Tuesday night. Who gets the W in this inter-conference matchup? Let’s dive in and find out with our Ducks vs. Canadiens Prediction.
Anaheim Ducks Team Preview
The Anaheim Ducks come into this one looking to rebound from a 5-3 loss to Edmonton in their last matchup. Frank Vatrano leads the Ducks in scoring with 38 points with a team-high 22 goals while Troy Terry has 37 points with a team-high 22 assists. Adam Henrique has 35 points with 15 goals and 20 assists and Mason McTavish has 31 points with 13 goals and 18 assists. Lukas Dostal has posted a 8-12-1 record with a 3.54 GAA and a .901 save percentage in goal for Anaheim while John Gibson is 10-19-1 with a 3.04 GAA and a .901 save percentage.
Anaheim Ducks Team Facts
- The Ducks have won three of their last four games as underdogs following a loss.
- The Ducks have covered the puck line in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Ducks have lost the third period in five of their last six games as underdogs following a home loss.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in six of the Ducks’ last seven games at Bell Centre.
Montreal Canadiens Team Preview
The Montreal Canadiens come into this one looking to rebound from back-to-back losses after a 7-2 loss to St. Louis in their last matchup. Nick Suzuki has a team-high 48 points with 17 goals and 31 assists while Cole Caufield has 41 points with 17 goals and 24 assists. Mike Matheson has 39 points with a team-high 32 assists of his own while Sean Monahan has 35 points with 13 goals and 22 assists. Jake Allen is 5-10-3 with an .895 save percentage and 3.63 GAA while Sam Montembault is 12-8-4 with a 3.06 GAA and a .908 save percentage in goal for Montreal this season. Cayden Primeau is also 4-5-1 with a 3.36 GAA and an .899 save percentage this season for the Habs.
Montreal Canadiens Team Facts
- The Canadiens have lost each of their last seven games as home favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Canadiens have covered the puck line in each of their last 10 night games at Bell Centre following a home loss.
- The Canadiens have lost the second period in seven of their last eight games as favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Canadiens’ last six games following a loss.
Ducks vs. Canadiens Prediction
I’m going to take a shot on Anaheim here. I really don’t feel like backing either side here so I’ll at least go hunting for some plus money here. The Ducks’ goaltending has actually been fairly competitive as of late and the Ducks historically have had a fair amount of success in this matchup. I’ll take a shot on the Ducks and the plus money here.