Columbus Blue Jackets (16-25-10) vs. Ottawa Senators (21-25-2)
February 13, 2024 7:00 pm EDT
The Line: Ottawa Senators -179 / Columbus Blue Jackets +141; Over/Under: +6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Columbus Blue Jackets need a win after losing 8 of their last 12 games. The Ottawa Senators are riding a 3-game winning streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Columbus Blue Jackets vs Ottawa Senators prediction.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets recently beat the Blues while losing to the Kraken and Lightning. The Columbus Blue Jackets are averaging 2.9 goals per game and are scoring on 15.1 percent of their power play opportunities. Kirill Marchenko leads Columbus with 15 goals, Zach Werenski has 28 assists and Adam Fantilli has 115 shots on goal. Defensively, the Columbus Blue Jackets are allowing 3.67 goals per game and are killing 76.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Daniil Tarasov has allowed 38 goals on 320 shots faced, and Elvis Merzlikins has given up 88 goals on 916 shots.
Ottawa Senators Betting Preview
The Ottawa Senators beat the Predators, Red Wings and Maple Leafs during this streak. The Ottawa Senators are averaging 3.38 goals per game and are scoring on 15.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Brady Tkachuk leads Ottawa with 22 goals, Tim Stutzle has 36 assists and Claude Giroux has 120 shots on goal. Defensively, the Ottawa Senators are allowing 3.6 goals per game and are killing 74.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Anton Forsberg has allowed 46 goals on 413 shots faced, and Joonas Korpisalo has given up 106 goals on 962 shots.
Ottawa Senators Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Senators’ last four games.
- The Senators have covered the puck line in each of their last eight games against the Blue Jackets following a win.
- The Senators have won the first period in each of their last seven games as favorites.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in each of the Senators’ last 13 games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
Columbus Blue Jackets Team Facts
- The Blue Jackets have lost 13 of their last 14 night games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The road team has covered the puck line in four of the Blue Jackets’ last five games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in five of the Blue Jackets’ last six games following a loss.
- The Blue Jackets have lost the third period in 16 of their last 20 games against opponents on a winning streak.
Columbus Blue Jackets vs Ottawa Senators prediction
The Columbus Blue Jackets continue to pile up the losses, and their inability to play defense makes them hard to trust on the road. The Ottawa Senators are coming off one of their better weeks of the season, and they need to take advantage of games like this at home. The Senators all of a sudden hot offense should have a field day against this Blue Jackets defense. Give me the Senators and the PL to shave down the juice.