The New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins meet Wednesday in NHL action at PPG Paints Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins prediction.
New York Rangers Betting Preview
The New York Rangers have won 10 of their last 12 games. The New York Rangers are coming off a road loss to the Stars on Monday. The New York Rangers are averaging 3.38 goals per game and are scoring on 32.7 percent of their power play opportunities. Artemi Panarin leads New York with 10 goals, Vincent Trocheck has 10 assists, and Mika Zibanejad has 44 shots on goal. Defensively, the New York Rangers are allowing 2.44 goals per game and are killing 83.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Igor Shesterkin has allowed 25 goals on 273 shots faced, while Jonathan Quick has given up 11 goals on 152 shots.
New York Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last six games following a road loss.
- The Rangers have covered the puck line in each of their last four games against the Penguins.
- The Rangers have won the third period in each of their last four games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last 12 games as favorites against the Penguins.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Penguins have won 5 of their last 7 games. The Penguins are fresh off a big shutout win over Vegas on Sunday. The Pittsburgh Penguins are averaging 3.41 goals per game and are scoring on 15.2 percent of their power play opportunities. Sidney Crosby leads Pittsburgh with 12 goals, Jake Guentzel has 15 assists, and Bryan Rust has 55 shots on goal. Defensively, the Pittsburgh Penguins are allowing 2.71 goals per game and are killing 84.9 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Tristan Jarry has allowed 31 goals on 344 shots faced, and Alex Nedelijkovic has given up 6 goals on 108 shots.
Pittsburgh Penguins Team Facts
- The Penguins have lost each of their last 14 games as underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Penguins have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six night games at PPG Paints Arena following a home win.
- The Penguins have lost the second period in each of their last four games as underdogs against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Penguins' last 10 games following a home win.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have turned things around over the last couple of weeks, and them being at home usually always makes them favorites. However, the Rangers are the better team no matte how you slice it, and there's always value to getting the better team and the better price. I have to side with the Rangers in this spot.