Seattle Kraken (8-12-6) vs New Jersey Devils (12-10-1)
2023-12-07 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Seattle Kraken +103 / New Jersey Devils -128 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The New Jersey Devils have won 4 of their last 5 games. The Seattle Kraken look to snap a 5-game losing streak. Betting Let’s preview this game and give out a New Jersey Devils vs Seattle Kraken Betting prediction.
New Jersey Devils Betting Preview
The New Jersey Devils rebounded from a recent loss to the Sharks with a win over the Canucks. The New Jersey Devils are averaging 3.7 goals per game and are scoring on 36.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Tyler Toffoli leads New Jersey with 12 goals, Jack Hughes has 23 assists and Dougie Hamilton has 61 shots on goal. Defensively, the New Jersey Devils are allowing 3.78 goals per game and are killing 75 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Vitek Vanecek has allowed 51 goals on 414 shots faced, while Akira Schmid has given up 28 goals on 257 shots.
New Jersey Devils Team Facts
- The Devils have lost each of their last four games as favorites following a road win.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in eight of the Devils’ last nine games.
- The Devils have lost the third period in each of their last five games following a road win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Devils’ last 10 games as favorites.
Seattle Kraken Betting Preview
The Seattle Kraken have lost to the Canucks, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Senators and Canadiens during this streak. The Seattle Kraken are averaging 2.65 goals per game and are scoring on 21.7 percent of their power play opportunities. Jared McCann leads Seattle with 12 goals, Vince Dunn has 17 assists, and Oliver Bjorkstrand has 71 shots on goal. Defensively, the Seattle Kraken are allowing 3.42 goals per game and are killing 74.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Philipp Grubauer has given up 46 goals on 392 shots faced, while Joey Daccord has allowed 37 goals on 361 shots.
Seattle Kraken Team Facts
- The Kraken have won four of their last five games as home underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Kraken have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1’ market has hit in seven of the Kraken’s last eight games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Kraken have lost the second period in seven of their last eight games following a road loss.
New Jersey Devils vs Seattle Kraken Betting prediction
The Seattle Kraken are better than this recent stretch indicates, and one would think they can turn things around at home. However, the Devils are coming off their best stretch of the season and their hot offense could give the Kraken and that shaky defense some problems. This doesn’t seem like a fun matchup for the Seattle Kraken to stop the bleeding. Give me the Devils and the cheap price.