Legal Montana Online Gambling, Poker & Casinos
What Types of Gambling are Legal in Montana?
- Casino Gambling – Casino gambling is legal in Montana primarily at Tribal casinos but table games are not permitted. Most bars and taverns have video lottery and machines where the games are Keno and Video poker. The term casino itself is used widely in Montana to describe just about any establishment that has some form of gambling.
- Sports Betting – Betting on horses is the only sports betting that is legal in Montana and it can be done at bars and taverns as well as at racetracks. As the betting environment changes you can follow the progress of Montana sports betting here.
- Online Betting – The only online betting that is currently legal in Montana is on horse racing. You can follow any developments for online betting Montana here.
- Daily Fantasy – Daily Fantasy (DFS) is only legal in Montana in games that are run by the state lottery. Montana currently has Fantasy Football and NASCAR. Fanduel and Draft Kings do not operate in Montana and and do not take players from the state.
- Poker – Poker is legal in Montana at bars and saloons but the maximum pot is $800. Electronic poker tables are not legal in Montana.
- Bingo – Bingo is legal in Montana and there are large Bingo Halls that host games.
- Lottery – Montana has a state lottery that sells lotto tickets for drawings as well as scratch off tickets and daily fantasy sports tickets for NFL Football and NASCAR.