Wake Forest Demon Deacons (16-7) vs. Duke Blue Devils (18-5)
February 12, 2024 7:00 pm EDT
The Line: Duke Blue Devils -7; Over/Under: +152.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons and Duke Blue Devils face off on Monday in a college basketball showdown at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Wake Forest vs Duke prediction.
Wake Forest Needs This Win
Wake Forest still is looking for a statement win and if they were able to pick up this one, that would sure be a statement. In the last game against NC State, Wake Forest scored 83 points and they ended up winning by four points. Hunter Sallis was the top player putting up 33 points, six rebounds, and two assists. Wake Forest is averaging 80.8 points while their defense is giving up 70.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 37th while the defense is ranked 138th. Hunter Sallis is averaging 18.5 points while shooting 49.8 percent from the field.
Duke Looks for Third Straight Win
Duke has won two straight games and the offense has been good. In the last game against Boston College, the offense scored 80 points and they ended up winning by 15 points. Mark Mitchell had a strong game putting up 17 points and seven rebounds. Duke on the season is averaging 80.7 points while their defense is giving up 67.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 43rd in the league while the defense is 73rd. Kyle Filipowski is averaging 17.2 points while shooting 49.5 percent from the field.
Duke Blue Devils Team Facts
- Duke has won 26 of its last 27 games at Cameron Indoor Stadium against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Each of the last seven night games between Wake Forest and Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium have produced a total of 150 or fewer points.
- Duke has won the first half in each of its last six home games against Wake Forest.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons Team Facts
- Wake Forest has lost 16 of its last 17 games against Top 10 AP-ranked opponents.
- Each of Wake Forest’s last seven night games at Cameron Indoor Stadium have produced a total of 150 or fewer points.
- Wake Forest has lost the first half in each of its last six games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Wake Forest vs Duke Betting Prediction
Wake Forest is going to put up a fight here. Wake Forest is averaging 80.8 points and they are going to run up the score here. Duke’s offense has also been good, but in this game it’s going to be about their defense struggling. Duke’s defense is going to really struggle, and it’s going to be Wake Forest is going to cover the spread. I think Wake Forest can win this game outright. Back Wake Forest against the spread.