Kansas Jayhawks (19-5) vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders (17-6)
February 12, 2024 9:00 pm EDT
The Line: Texas Tech Red Raiders -1; Over/Under: +148
(Get latest betting odds)
The Kansas Jayhawks and the Texas Tech Red Raiders meet in college basketball action from the United Supermarkets Arena on Monday night. Who comes out on top in this Big 12 showdown? Let’s dive in and find out with our Kansas vs. Texas Tech Prediction.
Kansas Team Preview
The Kansas Jayhawks come into this one looking to build on a 64-61 win over Baylor last time out. Kevin McCullar Jr. leads Kansas in scoring with 19.5 PPG along with 6.4 RPG and 4.6 APG while Hunter Dickinson has 18.7 PPG with a team-high 11 RPG, leading the Jayhawks on the glass by averaging a monstrous double-double per game. K.J. Adams Jr. has 12.7 PPG with 4.6 RPG and 3.4 APG to cap off the trio of double-digit scorers for Kansas so far this season. As a team, Kansas is averaging 78.1 PPG on 50.6% shooting from the field, 35.3% from three and 73.6% from the foul line this season.
Texas Tech Team Preview
The Texas Tech Red Raiders come into this game looking to build on their 66-59 win over UCF last time out. Pop Isaacs leads the Red Raiders in scoring with 16.9 PPG along with 3.1 RPG and 3.7 APG while Joe Toussaint has 12.7 PPG with 2.9 RPG and a team-high 4.2 APG to lead the Red Raiders in the assist department this season. Devan Cambridge has 10.5 PPG with 4.5 RPG while Chance McMillan also has 10.3 PPG with 3.6 RPG and Warren Washington has 10.3 PPG with a team-high 7.7 RPG to lead the Red Raiders in rebounding up to this point in the year, also rounding out the group of double-digit scorers for Texas Tech so far this season. Darrion Williams also has 9.4 PPG and 7 RPG for the Red Raiders on the year. As a team, Texas Tech is averaging 76.3 PPG on 46.1% shooting from the field, 37.5% from three and 77.9% from the foul line this season. Texas Tech will take on Iowa State and TCU after this one.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Team Facts
- Texas Tech has won each of its last 15 night games at United Supermarkets Arena following a home win.
- Each of Texas Tech’s last six games against Top 5 AP-ranked opponents at United Supermarkets Arena have produced a total of 147 or fewer points.
- Texas Tech has lost the first half in each of its last 11 games against Top 5 AP-ranked opponents.
Kansas Jayhawks Team Facts
- The home team has won each of Kansas’ last seven games.
- Seven of Kansas’ last eight night games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 145 or fewer points.
- Kansas has won the first half in 10 of its last 11 night games against the Big 12 Conference.
Kansas vs. Texas Tech Prediction
I’m on Kansas here. I just feel like this is a spot where we’re getting points with the better team and while the Jayhawks haven’t necessarily had their A-game on the road and are banged up, I still think there’s enough in the tank for the Jayhawks to get the cover on the road here.