West Virginia Mountaineers (8-15) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (16-7)
February 12, 2024 8:00 pm EDT
The Line: TCU Horned Frogs -12.5; Over/Under: +149.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The West Virginia Mountaineers will play the TCU Horned Frogs in a Big 12 game on Monday night at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena in Fort Worth, Texas. West Virginia has lost four of their last five games, while TCU is on a two game losing streak. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the West Virginia vs TCU prediction.
West Virginia Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers are 8-15 (3-7) this year after they lost to Texas by a score of 94-58 in their last game. West Virginia trailed 55-30 at the half and they allowed 39 points in the second half in the blowout loss. The Mountaineers shot 38.2% from the field and had 15 turnovers in the game. West Virginia lost to BYU by a score of 86-73 in the game prior to Texas, but they did beat Cincinnati before that. The Mountaineers are scoring 68 points per game with 34.7 rebounds per game and 12.4 assists per game, while allowing 73.7 points against per game this year. RaeQuan Battle is averaging 15.2 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game, and 1.2 steals per game. West Virginia is shooting 41.4% from the field, 71.5% on free throws, and 32.8% on three pointers this season.
The TCU Horned Frogs are 16-7 (5-5) this season after they lost to Iowa State by a score of 71-59 in their last game. TCU trailed 30-22 at halftime and they were out scored 41-37 in the second half in the loss. The Horned Frogs shot 44.2% from the field and were +5 in rebounding margin in the game. TCU lost to Texas by a score of 77-66 in the game prior to Iowa State, but did win the previous three games. The Horned Frogs are scoring 81.8 points per game with 37.5 rebounds per game and 17.9 assists per game, while giving up 71.1 points against per game this season. Emanuel Miller is averaging 16.5 points per game, 5.9 rebounds per game, and 2.8 assists per game. TCU is shooting 48.6% from the field, 71.7% on free throws, and 35.8% on three pointers this year.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Facts
- TCU has won each of its last nine night games at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena.
- Each of the last six night games between West Virginia and TCU have produced a total of 148 or fewer points.
- TCU has won the first half in each of its last nine night games at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- The home team has won seven of West Virginia’s last eight games.
- Each of West Virginia’s last seven road night games against the Big 12 Conference have produced a total of 148 or fewer points.
- West Virginia has lost the first half in each of its last four night games against Conference opponents.
- TCU ranks 19th among Division 1 teams for steals per game this season (9.2).
- TCU ranks 22nd among Division 1 teams for field goal percentage this season (48.6%).
West Virginia vs TCU Betting Prediction
West Virginia has struggled this season and they only have three conference wins so far, while TCU is right in the middle of the Big 12 race. TCU is on a two game losing streak, scoring only 59 and 66 points, but they are averaging 81.8 points per game and they are shooting 48.6% from the field. West Virginia is only shooting 41.4% from the field and they just lost by 36 points on the road against Texas. I think this is a spot for TCU to fix some things and I like them to win in a blowout.