Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1) vs Georgia Bulldogs (12-0)
2023-12-02 16:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Alabama Crimson Tide +6.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Georgia Bulldogs look for their 13th win to cruise into the CFB playoffs as the top seed. The Alabama Crimson Tide are riding a 10-game winning streak and need a win to enter the playoff conversation. Let’s preview this game and give out a Georgia Bulldogs vs Alabama Crimson Tide SEC Championship prediction.
Georgia Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Georgia Bulldogs haven’t lost a game the 2021 SEC Championship against Alabama where they lost 24-41. Carson Beck is completing 72.4 percent of his passes for 3,495 yards, 22 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Brock Bowers and Dominic Lovett have combined for 1,213 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint has 29 receptions. The Georgia Bulldogs ground game is averaging 185.5 yards per contest, and Daijun Edwards leads the way with 781 yards and 11 touchdowns. Defensively, Georgia is allowing 15.8 points and 294.3 yards per game. Tykee Smith leads the Georgia Bulldogs with 63 tackles, Jamon Dumas-Johnson has 3.5 sacks and Malaki Starks has 2 interceptions.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Facts
- Georgia has won each of its last 34 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Georgia has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia’s last five games at neutral venues have gone OVER the total points line.
Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview
The Alabama Crimson Tide haven’t lost an SEC Championship Game since 2008 when they lost to Florida, 20-31. Alabama has won 3 straight home games. Jalen Milroe is completing 66.4 percent of his passes for 2,526 yards, 21 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Jermaine Burton and Isaiah Bond have combined for 1,291 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Amari Niblack has 18 receptions. The Alabama Crimson Tide ground game is averaging 177.6 yards per contest, and Jase McClellan leads the way with 803 yards and 6 touchdowns. Defensively, Alabama is allowing 17.9 points and 312.7 yards per game. Caleb Downs leads the Alabama Crimson Tide with 95 tackles, Dallas Turner has 8 sacks and Terrion Arnold has 5 interceptions.
Alabama Crimson Tide Team Facts
- Alabama has won each of its last 20 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Alabama has covered the spread in five of its last six games played at neutral venues.
- Alabama has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at neutral venues.
- Eight of Alabama’s last nine games against conference opponents at neutral venues have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia is the better, more consistent team and a comfortable win wouldn’t surprise anybody. However, Georgia is also 5-7 ATS on the season, and that includes a 4-6 ATS record in its last 10 games. Alabama is playing its best ball of the season right now, fresh off an emotional high against Auburn, and has covered 7 of its last 10 games. Alabama also hasn’t lost an SEC championship since 2008 and has won 7 of its last 8 meetings against Georgia. Nick Saban has come through in these spots time and time again, and it’s hard to turn down the free touchdown. Give me Bama.