The FIU Panthers and the Arkansas Razorbacks meet in college football action from Razorbacks Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
FIU Falls To MTSU
The FIU Panthers come into this one looking to rebound from a 40-6 loss to Middle Tennessee last time out, falling to 4-6 on the year. Keyone Jenkins has thrown for 1,908 yards, 6 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 59.1% passing while Shomari Lawrence has rushed for a team-high 522 yards with 4 touchdowns and Kejon Owens has 357 rushing yards with 5 TDs. Kris Mitchell leads FIU with 50 receptions for 845 yards and 6 touchdowns while Dean Patterson has 366 receiving yards and Eric Rivers has 314 receiving yards as well on the year. Jalen Bracey has 242 receiving yards and two more receivers have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Donovan Manuel has a team-high 99 total tackles while Alex Nobles has 3.5 sacks and CJ Christian has 3 interceptions.
Florida International Panthers Team Facts
- Florida International has lost each of its last 12 games in November.
- Florida International has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida International has won the first half in three of its last four road games against non-conference opponents.
- Five of Florida International's last six games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Arkansas Loses Bowl Eligibility
The Arkansas Razorbacks watched their chances at guaranteeing a bowl game go up in smoke with a 48-10 loss to Auburn last time out. KJ Jefferson has thrown for 1,918 yards, 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions on 65% passing while also rushing for a team-high 342 yards and 2 touchdowns. AJ Green and Rashod Dubinion each have 250+ rushing yards while Raheim Sanders has 194 rushing yards. Andrew Armstrong leads Arkansas’ receiving group with 48 grabs for 657 yards and 4 touchdowns while two more Hogs have 200+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Jaheim Thomas has a team-high 87 total tackles along with 3.5 sacks while Landon Jackson has 5.5 sacks as well this season. Trajan Jeffcoat also has 3.5 sacks and Dwight McGlothern has a team-high 3 interceptions.
Arkansas Razorbacks Team Facts
- The underdog has won four of Arkansas' last five games at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Arkansas' last seven games at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Arkansas has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Arkansas has won the first half in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Arkansas' last four games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
- Arkansas has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of 10 points or less of any FBS team this season (3).
- Arkansas has suffered the equal-most road losses by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
I’m on FIU here. I’m not rushing to bet this game, but I’m having a hard time stomaching this big of a number with this Arkansas team to begin with but now you have the added factor of losing out on bowl eligibility last week in a blowout to Auburn and having to play in a sleepy spot against FIU the following week and it makes a recipe for a sluggish performance. FIU has not been playing well lately, but this could be a spot where one score gets them in the cover zone if that. Give me FIU and the points here.