The Missouri Tigers and the Arkansas Razorbacks meet Friday in college football action from Razorback Stadium. The Tigers enter this one following a matchup last weekend versus Florida. Missouri ended up with a close win to improve to 9-2 overall. As for Arkansas, they’re coming off a game against FIU on Saturday. In that one the 4-7 Razorbacks cruised to a blowout win. You're welcome to read our Missouri vs Arkansas Prediction.
The Tigers posted a nice 32.8 points per game scoring clip over their first 10 games this year—winning eight of those outings. Missouri managed 283.9 yards per game on pass plays with 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions total. On the ground the Tigers put up 159.8 yards per game, 4.3 yards per play and 19 more scores in that time.
In their last game versus Florida, the Tigers were down 7-3 going into the second quarter but eventually outpaced the Gators in a 33-31 win. Brady Cook managed 331 yards and a touchdown. Cody Schrader posted 148 yards and a TD on 23 carries to lead the rush, and Luther Burden put up 158 yards on nine catches.
Missouri Tigers Team Facts
- The team ranked 10th in the AP Poll has lost seven of its last eight games.
- The team ranked 10th in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games.
- Missouri has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Six of Missouri's last seven road games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
Over on the Razorbacks’ side, they weren’t quite as effective on offense as they struggled to a 3-7 record over their first 10 outings. Arkansas posted 26.3 yards per game in those matchups, with 18 touchdowns, eight interceptions and 196.5 yards per game coming through the air. The Razorbacks added 3.2 yards per play and seven touchdowns on the ground.
Back on Saturday in the FIU game, the Razorbacks were down by six heading into the second quarter. The offense woke up with 24 more points before the half in an eventual 44-20 win, though. KJ Jefferson threw for 187 yards and three scores in the victory, while Isaiah Augustave added 101 rush yards.
Arkansas Razorbacks Team Facts
- Arkansas has lost nine of its last 10 November games against AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Arkansas' last eight games at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Arkansas has lost the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Arkansas has won the first quarter in six of its last eight games against conference opponents at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Each of Arkansas' last six November home games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Missouri rank 33rd among FBS teams for points per game this season (32.8).
- Missouri has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team this season (3).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I might take a stab on Arkansas in this one. You could argue it either way, though. The Razorbacks posted a pretty solid overall effort in their win over FIU, notching 510 total yards (323 rushing), 24 first downs and zero turnovers. Arkansas has been quite erratic on the scoreboard lately, but they’ve got 39 or more points in two of the last three games.
As for Missouri, they played Florida a little too close for comfort on Saturday but it all worked out well. The Tigers finished with 508 total yards (331 passing) and 21 first downs. Missouri has scored a nice 69 points over their last two games combined, so Arkansas will have to get it going on offense in order to keep pace here. I think the Razorbacks are up for a big effort at home, though. Should be a fun one.