The Florida State Seminoles and the Florida Gators meet Saturday in college football action from Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Florida State is fresh off a matchup versus North Alabama over the weekend. In that one the Seminoles improved to 11-0 overall with a blowout win. As for 5-6 Florida, they played Missouri in their last matchup. The Gators went on to lose a tough one by two points. Take a look at our Florida State vs Florida Gators Prediction.
Florida State Seminoles
The Seminoles flew through their first 10 games on an undefeated clip this year, averaging 38.3 points per game with 49 total scores. Florida State posted 23 of those TDs through the air, along with two interceptions and 291.0 yards per game. The Seminoles were good on the ground too, with 4.7 yards per carry, 153.7 yards per game and 23 total scores rushing.
Last weekend versus North Alabama, the Seminoles oddly fell behind 13-0 after the first quarter. Florida State quickly recovered however, and ended up winning 58-13. QB Tate Rodemaker posted 217 yards with two scores in the victory, and CJ Campbell paced the rushing attack on 78 yards and a score off three carries.
Florida State Seminoles Team Facts
- Florida State has won each of its last 19 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Florida State's last six games against non-conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Over on the Gators’ side, they posted a pretty respectable 29.7 points per game in their first 10 outings, but were only able to notch a .500 record in that time. Florida posted 18 scores, three interceptions and 278.6 yards per game through the air, alongside 138.7 yards per game, 4.1 yards per carry and 18 rushing TDs during that time.
In their latest outing versus Missouri, Florida had an early lead after one quarter 7-3, but gave up double-digit points in the remaining three frames during a tough loss 33-31. QB Graham Mertz managed 183 yards with two TDs and an interception. Montrell Johnson rushed for 85 yards, and Trevor Etienne had 82 yards with a score.
Florida Gators Team Facts
- Florida has won each of its last 14 games against non-conference opponents at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Florida has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against top-10 AP-ranked teams at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Florida has won the first half in each of its last five games against non-conference opponents at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Florida has won the first quarter in each of its last three home games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Florida's last seven games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Florida State rank 7th among FBS teams for points per game this season (40.1).
- Florida State are one of only 11 FBS teams undefeated in road games this season ([z-0]).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m going to take a stab on Florida. Probably not touching it, though. The Gators put up a valiant effort against a very good Missouri team over the weekend, notching 500 total yards (239 passing), 7.6 yards per play and 23 scores. The nine penalties and two turnovers didn’t help matters, though. Still, Florida has been scoring very well over their last three games (all losses against difficult opponents), with 31 or more points in each of those.
As for Florida State, it took them a little while to get going against North Alabama on Saturday but the team had no issues on 521 total yards and 26 first downs. The Seminoles have a couple of tricky matchups to close things out, and they’ll be tempted to look past this one to the looming Louisville matchup. I think Florida can get into cover range if the Gators play well.