The Miami-OH RedHawks and the Ball State Cardinals meet Saturday in college football action from Scheumann Stadium. Miami-OH is 9-2 overall this year. The RedHawks beat Buffalo by 13 points last Wednesday. As for Ball State, they’re coming off a Saturday matchup versus Kent State. In that one the Cardinals moved to 4-7 on the year with a blowout win. Here you can take a look at our Miami (OH) vs Ball State Prediction.
It’s been a pretty solid campaign for the RedHawks so far. Their only blemishes have come versus Miami-FL and Toledo. Miami-OH has maintained form with a solid scoring run, averaging 28.2 points per game. The RedHawks have gotten 181.2 yards per game and 15 scores through the air, along with 162.5 yards per game and 19 TDs on the ground.
In their latest matchup last Wednesday versus Buffalo, Miami-OH had a modest 13-10 lead going into the fourth quarter but were able to power out the win 23-10. The RedHawks got 146 pass yards from Aveon Smith, but Rashad Amos did most of the work with 82 rush yards and two scores. Javon Tracy had a nice game with 123 yards on five catches.
Miami (OH) RedHawks Team Facts
- Miami (OH) has won each of its last nine games as a favorite.
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread in each of its last seven games as a favorite.
- Miami (OH) has won the first half in each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Miami (OH)'s last five games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ball State Cardinals
Over on the Ball State side, they were only able to win three of their first 10 games this year. The Cardinals averaged just 17.0 points per game during that time, scoring 20 total TDs. Eight of those scores (and seven picks) came via the pass, with 146.0 yards per game. Ball State added 148.4 rush yards per game with 11 more scores.
Back on Saturday versus Kent State, Ball State was up 13-3 going into the second half and didn’t allow any more points on the way to a 34-3 blowout win. QB Kiael Kelly logged 71 yards on just four completions, but also posted two rush TDs. Marquez Cooper led the run game with 140 yards and a score off 25 carries.
Ball State Cardinals Team Facts
- Ball State has won each of its last four matches at Scheumann Stadium when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Ball State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ball State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Twelve of Ball State's last 13 November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Miami (OH) rank 8th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (16.5).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’ll probably stay with Miami-OH in this one. The RedHawks have a bit of extra rest and preparation coming into this one, which should serve them well. Miami-OH wasn’t exactly overwhelming versus Buffalo in their last game with just 13 first downs and a 3-of-12 run on third-down tries. That said, the RedHawks were solid on defense with two takeaways and 12 first downs allowed. Miami-OH hasn’t been scoring great lately, though.
As for Ball State, they managed 300 yards rushing (and just 88 passing) in an odd blowout win over Kent State last weekend. The Cardinals were great on defense though, allowing just 97 total yards (68 passing) and 1-of-12 on third downs. Miami-OH is going to be a much tougher opponent, though.