The North Carolina Tar Heels and Clemson Tigers meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Memorial Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Preview
The North Carolina Tar Heels have a chance to win at least 9 games for the second straight season. North Carolina has split its 2 road games this year. Drake Maye is completing 65.8 percent of his passes for 3,145 yards, 21 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Devontez Walker and J.J. Jones have combined for 1,136 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Bryson Nesbit has 36 receptions. The North Carolina Tar Heels ground game is averaging 198.7 yards per contest, and Omarion Hampton leads the way with 1,236 yards and 13 touchdowns. Defensively, North Carolina is allowing 25.5 points and 398.2 yards per game. Cedric Gray leads the North Carolina Tar Heels with 96 tackles, Kaimon Rucker has 8.5 sacks and Alijah Huzzie has 3 interceptions.
North Carolina Tar Heels Team Facts
- North Carolina has won each of its last three games as a road underdog.
- North Carolina has covered the spread in each of its last four games as a road underdog.
- North Carolina has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- North Carolina has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Each of North Carolina's last six games after coming off overtime have gone UNDER the total points line.
Clemson Tigers Betting Preview
The Clemson Tigers look for at least 7 wins for a 13th straight season. Clemson has won 3 straight home games. Cade Klubnik is completing 63.3 percent of his passes for 2,261 yards, 18 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Beaux Collins and Tyler Brown have combined for 957 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Jake Briningstool has 37 receptions. The Clemson Tigers ground game is averaging 169.7 yards per contest, and Phil Mafah leads the way with 721 yards and 8 touchdowns. Defensively, Clemson is allowing 21.2 points and 271.8 yards per game. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. leads the Clemson Tigers with 71 tackles, T.J. Parker has 4 sacks and Wade Woodaz has 2 interceptions.
Clemson Tigers Team Facts
- Clemson has won 27 of its last 28 games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- The home team has covered the spread in each of Clemson's last four games.
- Clemson has won the first half in 11 of its last 12 games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Each of Clemson's last four games in November have gone OVER the total points line.
- Clemson rank T40th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (21.2).
- North Carolina rank 8th among FBS teams for points per game this season (39.9).
The Clemson Tigers have shown flashes here and there, but the bottom line is this has been an underachieving season, and I'm not sure if I want to lay a touchdown. Clemson can be hit or miss offensively and its 4-6 ATS on the year. North Carolina is one of the best offensive teams in the country, and its covered 5 of its last 6 games as an underdog. Clemson is 2-5 ATS against UNC in 7 meetings. An argument can be made we're getting a free touchdown with the better team. Give me the North Carolina Tar Heels.