Florida State Seminoles (12-0) vs Louisville Cardinals (10-2)
2023-12-02 20:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Florida State Seminoles -2.5 -- Over/Under: 48.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Louisville Cardinals look for their 11th win and to rebound from their upset loss to Kentucky. The Florida State Seminoles look to remain undefeated and to earn a spot in the college football playoffs. Let’s preview this game and give out a Louisville Cardinals vs Florida State Seminoles ACC Championship prediction.
Louisville Cardinals Betting Preview
The Louisville Cardinals haven’t lost back to back games in a single season since the end of 2021. Jack Plummer is completing 66.2 percent of his passes for 2,952 yards, 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Jamari Thrash and Chris Bell have combined for 1,182 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Kevin Coleman has 22 receptions. The Louisville Cardinals ground game is averaging 184.7 yards per contest, and Jawhar Jordan leads the way with 1,076 yards and 13 touchdowns. Defensively, Louisville is allowing 20 points and 314.7 yards per game. TJ Quinn leads the Louisville Cardinals with 75 tackles, Ashton Gillotte has 11 sacks and Devin Neal has 4 interceptions.
Louisville Cardinals Team Facts
- Louisville has won eight of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Louisville has covered the spread in six of its last seven December games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Louisville has won the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Louisville has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Four of Louisville’s last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Florida State Seminoles Betting Preview
The Florida State Seminoles are coming off a win over Florida and haven’t lost a game since October 15 of last year. Tate Rodemaker is completing 57.1 percent of his passes for 510 yards, 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson have combined for 1,235 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns, while Jaheim Bell has 39 receptions. The Florida State Seminoles ground game is averaging 156.3 yards per contest, and Trey Benson leads the way with 838 yards and 14 touchdowns. Defensively, Florida State is allowing 16.8 points and 315.6 yards per game. Tatum Bethune leads the Florida State Seminoles with 63 tackles, Jalen DeLoach has 7 sacks and Jarrian Jones has 3 interceptions.
Florida State Seminoles Team Facts
- Florida State has won each of its last 20 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Florida State has failed to cover the spread in six of its last eight games as a favorite at neutral venues.
- Each of Florida State’s last seven games as a favorite at neutral venues have gone OVER the total points line.
Louisville has the defense to win this game and I believe the loss to Kentucky was a little bit looking ahead. Florida State is shaky at best offensively right now with the loss of Jordan Travis at quarterback. With all that said, I still lean toward FSU and the small chalk. Florida State is still elite defensively and has an ok enough running game where it can grind out a game similar to its effort against Florida. It won’t be pretty and could come down to the wire, but the Noles cap off an undefeated season and go into the college football playoffs.