The Old Dominion Monarchs and the Georgia Southern Eagles meet in college football action from Allen E. Paulson Stadium on Saturday.
Old Dominion Loses 3rd Straight
The Old Dominion Monarchs come into this one looking to rebound after a 38-10 loss at the hands of Liberty in their last matchup. Grant Wilson has thrown for 1,636 yards, 14 touchdowns and 6 interceptions on 57.8% passing while Kadarius Calloway leads the Monarchs in rushing with 561 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. Keshawn Wicks has 492 rushing yards with 4 scores as well, while Kelby Williams has a team-high 406 receiving yards and 2 TDs. Javon Harvey and Reymello Murphy each have 300+ receiving yards and Isiah Paige has a team-high 30 receptions for 291 yards this season. On defense, Jason Henderson has a team-high 152 total tackles and 4 sacks on the year.
Old Dominion Monarchs Team Facts
- Old Dominion has lost each of its last six games in November.
- Old Dominion has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 road games against conference opponents.
- Six of Old Dominion's last seven November games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Southern Drops To Marshall
The Georgia Southern Eagles will be eager to bounce back after a 38-33 loss to Marshall in their last matchup. Davis Brin has thrown for 2,958 yards, 21 touchdowns and 13 interceptions on 64.9% passing while Jalen White leads the Eagles with 817 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns. OJ Arnold has 330 rushing yards with 3 scores while Khaleb Hood leads Georgia Southern’s receiving group with 80 grabs for 794 yards and 4 touchdowns. Derwin Burgess Jr. has 58 receptions for 601 receiving yards and Dalen Cobb has 433 receiving yards while another pair of Georgia Southern receivers have 200+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Marques Watson-Trent has a team-high 96 total tackles along with 3.5 sacks while Isaac Walker has a team-high 6 sacks and Elhadj Fall has 4 sacks.
Georgia Southern Eagles Team Facts
- Georgia Southern has won each of its last six games at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in six of its last seven games as a home favorite.
- Georgia Southern has won the first half in each of its last three home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Georgia Southern's last four games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
I’m going with the over here. I lean towards Georgia Southern, but the Monarchs need this win and I think we see a bit of a renewed sense of urgency here from the Monarchs. Georgia Southern’s pass attack should have its way with Old Dominion here, and the Eagles’ defense is sorely lacking across the board, so I think ODU can get theirs as well here. Give me the over.