The Michigan State Spartans and the Indiana Hoosiers meet in college football action from Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Michigan State Routed By Ohio State
The Michigan State Spartans come into this one looking to rebound from a 38-3 loss to Ohio State that dropped them to 3-7 on the year. Katin Houser has thrown for 766 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 57.1% passing while Nathan Carter’s rushed for a team-high 711 yards and 4 touchdowns this season. Montorie Foster Jr. leads the Spartans with 34 receptions for 447 yards while another four Michigan State receivers have 200+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Cal Haladay has a team-high 74 total tackles while Aaron Brule has a team-high 4 sacks and Jaden Mangham has a team-high 4 interceptions this season.
Michigan State Spartans Team Facts
- Michigan State has lost each of its last six road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Michigan State has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine November games as a road underdog.
- Michigan State has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington).
- Michigan State has lost the first half in nine of its last 11 road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Michigan State's last seven November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Indiana Narrowly Falls to Illinois
The Indiana Hoosiers come into this one looking to rebound from a 48-45 OT loss to Illinois in their last game. Brendan Sorsby has thrown for 1,164 yards, 10 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 57.9% passing while Jaylin Lucas leads the Hoosiers in rushing with 265 rushing yards and four more Hoosiers have 200+ rushing yards as well on the year. Donaven McCulley has a team-high 40 receptions for 524 yards and 5 touchdowns while another four Indiana receivers have 200+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Aaron Casey has a team-high 86 total tackles along with 5.5 sacks while Lanell Carr Jr. has 5 sacks. Louis Moore and Phillip Dunnam each have 3 interceptions as well on the year.
Indiana Hoosiers Team Facts
- Indiana has lost 22 of its last 25 games against conference opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the last five games between Michigan State and Indiana.
- Each of Indiana's last four games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
I’m rolling with Indiana here. I don’t go out of my way to back a 3-7 team in many circumstances, but I have to give Indiana credit with the way they’ve battled in a lot of their recent games. Michigan State’s tried to but they just haven’t had the horses to be able to compete in a lot of matchups as of late. I think Indiana’s just the better team here so I’ll back the Hoosiers at home in this one.