The Illinois Fighting Illini and Iowa Hawkeyes meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Kinnick Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Preview
The Illinois Fighting Illini look to get above a .500 record and become bowl eligible. Illinois has made a bowl appearance three times since 2014. Luke Altmyer is completing 64.8 percent of his passes for 1,883 yards, 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Isaiah Williams and Pat Bryant have combined for 1,408 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Casey Washington has 32 receptions. The Illinois Fighting Illini ground game is averaging 132.4 yards per contest, and Kaden Feagin leads the way with 438 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Illinois is allowing 29.3 points and 388.1 yards per game. Dylan Rosiek leads the Illinois Fighting Illini with 62 tackles, Jer'Zhan Newton has 5.5 sacks and Xavier Scott has 2 interceptions.
Illinois Fighting Illini Team Facts
- Illinois has won each of its last five November games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Illinois has covered the spread in each of its last 10 road games in November.
- Illinois has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Illinois' last four November games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Iowa Hawkeyes Betting Preview
The Iowa Hawkeyes look to stay hot after winning 5 of their last 6 games. Iowa has won 5 of its last 6 home games. Deacon Hill is completing 46.5 percent of his passes for 715 yards, 4 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Erick All and Nico Ragaini have combined for 466 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Diante Vines has 12 receptions. The Iowa Hawkeyes ground game is averaging 121 yards per contest, and Leshon Williams leads the way with 614 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Iowa is allowing 2.3 points and 280.7 yards per game. Jay Higgins leads the Iowa Hawkeyes with 121 tackles, Joe Evans has 4.5 sacks and Sebastian Castro has 3 interceptions.
Iowa Hawkeyes Team Facts
- Iowa has won 17 of its last 18 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the last five games between Illinois and Iowa.
- Iowa has won the first half in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Iowa's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Iowa rank 3rd among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (12.3).
- Illinois has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
The Illinois Fighting Illini are finding ways to win games lately, but they don't do anything particularly special, and they're 93rd in scoring offense. That's not ideal when going up against an Iowa defense that's eighth in total defense and third in scoring defense. Illinois is just 2-8 ATS on the season. Iowa has issues scoring itself, but you have to trust in a defense that's allowing 6.25 points in its last 4 games. Line is reasonable. Give me Iowa by a touchdown.