The Jacksonville State Gamecocks and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Wednesday in week 6 college football action at Mountain Mackay Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Preview
The Jacksonville State Gamecocks look for their second road win to improve to 5-1 on the year. Jacksonville State has won 4 of its last 5 road games. Logan Smothers is completing 60.8 percent of his passes for 474 yards, 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Perry Carter and Quinton Lane have combined for 322 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Michael Pettway has 8 receptions. The Jacksonville State Gamecocks ground game is averaging 224.4 yards per contest, and Malik Jackson leads the way with 505 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Jacksonville State is allowing 15 points and 310.8 yards per game. Quae Drake leads the Jacksonville State Gamecocks with 36 tackles, Larry Worth has 2 sacks and Ky'won McCray has 1 interception.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks Team Facts
- The home team has won five of Jacksonville State's last six games.
- The home team has covered the spread in five of Jacksonville State's last six games.
- Five of Jacksonville State's last six games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Preview
The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders need a feel good win to rebound from a 1-4 start. MTSU has won 4 of its last 7 home games. Nicholas Vattiato is completing 68.1 percent of his passes for 1,168 yards, 7 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Elijah Metcalf and Holden Willis have combined for 447 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Justin Olson has 17 receptions. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders ground game is averaging 127.6 yards per contest, and Jaiden Credle leads the way with 227 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Middle Tennessee is allowing 31 points and 394 yards per game. Tra Fluellen leads the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders with 38 tackles, Drew Francis has 2 sacks and Deonte Stanley has 1 interception.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Team Facts
- Middle Tennessee has lost four of its last five games.
- Middle Tennessee has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Middle Tennessee has lost the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Four of Middle Tennessee's last five October home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Middle Tennessee ranked 6th among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (3.9).
- Middle Tennessee ranked 29th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (17.6).
I'm not running to the window to lay chalk with a 1-4 team in the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, but they're favored here, so oddsmakers are telling you something. Middle Tennessee is probably better than its record indicates as it's had a tough schedule so far with games against Alabama, Missouri, Colorado State and Western Kentucky. This is a more reasonable game for MTSU. Jacksonville State has no passing game to speak of, and its schedule has been a cakewalk so far. Oddsmakers are telling you something with this line. Give me the Blue Raiders.