Navy Midshipmen (5-6) vs Army Black Knights (5-6)
2023-12-09 15:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Navy Midshipmen +2.5 -- Over/Under: 28.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Army Black Knights bring in a 3-game winning streak to this contest. The Navy Midshipmen enter this game, splitting their last 10 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Army Black Knights vs Navy Midshipmen prediction.
Army Black Knights Betting Preview
The Army Black Knights had lost 5 straight games and have responded with wins over Air Force, Holy Cross and Coastal Carolina. Bryson Daily is completing 50 percent of his passes for 859 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Isaiah Alston and Noah Short have combined for 518 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Casey Reynolds has 13 receptions. The Army Black Knights ground game is averaging 209.4 yards per contest, and Daily leads the way with 817 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Army is allowing 22 points and 369.3 yards per game. Leo Lowin leads the Army Black Knights with 75 tackles, Jimmy Ciarlo has 3 sacks and Bo Nicolas-Paul has 3 interceptions.
Army Black Knights Team Facts
- Army has lost eight of its last nine matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Army’s last four games.
- Army has won the first half in each of its last four games against opponents from the American Athletic Conference.
- Five of Army’s last six games at neutral venues have gone UNDER the total points line.
Navy Midshipmen Betting Preview
The Navy Midshipmen are coming off a blowout loss to SMU, but they previously beat up on UAB and East Carolina. Tai Lavatai is completing 53.3 percent of his passes for 522 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Eli Heidenreich and Brandon Chatman have combined for 556 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Alex Tecza has 14 receptions. The Navy Midshipmen ground game is averaging 200.5 yards per contest, and Alex Tecza leads the way with 724 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Navy is allowing 22.9 points and 362.3 yards per game. Colin Ramos leads the Navy Midshipmen with 94 tackles, Justin Reed has 4.5 sacks and Rayuan Lane III has 4 interceptions.
Navy Midshipmen Team Facts
- Navy has lost each of its last four matches when playing with a rest disadvantage against Army.
- Navy has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Navy has lost the first half in each of its last seven games against opponents from the FBS Independents.
- Each of Navy’s last four December games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Army rank T38th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (22.0).
Army vs Navy prediction
In the Army – Navy game, you can often throw everything from the seasons out the window. These teams know each other too well and the play style is very similar. Defense and run the ball. Army is the 10th best rushing offense in the country, and Navy is 14th in rushing. What we do know is the underdog has outright won 4 of the last 7 meetings between Army and Navy. Also, the underdog is 6-2-1 ATS in the last 9 meetings. Army is the better team and piling up the wins lately, but given the history, I’m grabbing the free points with Navy.