Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-2) vs USC Trojans (6-0)
2023-10-14 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Notre Dame Fighting Irish -2.5 -- Over/Under: 62.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The USC Trojans and Notre Dame Fighting Irish meet Saturday in week 7 college football action at Notre Dame Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
USC Trojans Betting Preview
The USC Trojans look for their third road win to remain undefeated on the season. USC looks its first 7-0 start since the 2005 season. Caleb Williams is completing 71.7 percent of his passes for 1,822 yards, 22 touchdowns and 1 interception. Tahj Washington and Brenden Rice have combined for 890 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, while Mario Williams has 17 receptions. The USC Trojans ground game is averaging 168.2 yards per contest, and MarShawn Lloyd leads the way with 519 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, USC is allowing 27 points and 421.3 yards per game. Jaylin Smith leads the USC Trojans with 41 tackles, Jamil Muhammad has 6 sacks and Max Williams has 1 interception.
USC Trojans Team Facts
- USC has won each of its last six games.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six road games against opponents from the FBS Independents.
- USC has won the first quarter in each of its last five games against non-conference opponents.
- USC has won the first half in each of its last six games against non-conference opponents.
- Thirteen of USC’s last 14 games have gone OVER the total points line.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Preview
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish look for a bounce back showing while improving to 6-2 on the year. Notre Dame has won 6 of its last 8 home games. Sam Hartman is completing 64.5 percent of his passes for 1,712 yards, 16 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Mitchell Evans and Chris Tyree have combined for 636 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Jayden Thomas has 15 receptions. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish ground game is averaging 171 yards per contest, and Audric Estime leads the way with 692 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Notre Dame is allowing 15.9 points and 279.4 yards per game. Howard Cross III leads the Notre Dame Fighting Irish with 42 tackles, Jordan Botelho has 2 sacks and Xavier Watts has 2 interceptions.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of the last 10 games between USC and Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in 10 of its last 11 games as a favorite against AP-ranked teams.
- Notre Dame has lost the first half in each of its last three games against opponents from the Pac-12 Conference.
- Five of Notre Dame’s last six games at Notre Dame Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
- Notre Dame ranked 3rd among FBS teams for Q2 points allowed per game last season (3.5).
- Notre Dame ranked T12th among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.692).
- USC ranked 3rd among FBS teams for points per game last season (41.4).
- USC ranked 4th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (19.9).
I guess Notre Dame is getting the benefit of the doubt because it’s at home in a rivalry spot, but being favored, especially after losing to Louisville last week is strange. USC has defensive issues it needs to fix, but the Trojans continue to find ways to win, they have the best quarterback in the country and the best scoring offense in CFB. One could argue we’re getting free points with the better team. Give me USC and the free points, and I’ll also be on the ML.