The Central Michigan Chippewas and Ohio Bobcats meet Wednesday in week 12 college football action at Peden Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Preview
The Central Michigan Chippewas look to get above a .500 record and become bowl eligible. Central Michigan has made a bowl game twice in the last 6 years. Jase Bauer is completing 57.5 percent of his passes for 1,542 yards, 9 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Jesse Prewitt III and Chris Parker have combined for 775 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Tyson Davis has 22 receptions. The Central Michigan Chippewas ground game is averaging 164.8 yards per contest, and Marion Lukes leads the way with 609 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Central Michigan is allowing 30.7 points and 415 yards per game. Trey Jones leads the Central Michigan Chippewas with 61 tackles, Maurice White has 3.5 sacks and Elijah Rikard has 1 interception.
Central Michigan Chippewas Team Facts
- Central Michigan has won each of its last six games against Ohio.
- The underdog has covered the spread in eight of Central Michigan's last nine games.
- Central Michigan has lost the first half in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Central Michigan's last eight November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Ohio Bobcats Betting Preview
The Ohio Bobcats look to stay hot after winning 7 of their last 9 games. Ohio has won 4 of its last 5 home games. Kurtis Rourke is completing 63.4 percent of his passes for 1,777 yards, 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Sam Wiglusz and Miles Cross have combined for 980 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Tyler Walton has 32 receptions. The Ohio Bobcats ground game is averaging 130.8 yards per contest, and Sieh Bangura leads the way with 564 yards and 6 touchdowns. Defensively, Ohio is allowing 15.1 points and 266.5 yards per game. Bryce Houston leads the Ohio Bobcats with 105 tackles, Rayyan Buell has 4.5 sacks and Austin Brawley has 2 interceptions.
Ohio Bobcats Team Facts
- Ohio has won 10 of its last 11 games at Peden Stadium.
- Ohio has covered the spread in each of its last five November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at Peden Stadium.
- Five of the last six games between Central Michigan and Ohio have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Ohio rank 5th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (15.1).
- Ohio has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
- The Central Michigan are one of only 24 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season.
- Central Michigan has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of three points or less of any FBS team this season (2).
I don't want to lay this much chalk with the Ohio Bobcats, a team with a below average defense. However, Central Michigan is 3-7 ATS on the year and has had almost no success on the road this season. The Ohio Bobcats are also one of the elite defenses in college football, as they're fifth in scoring defense and total defense. Central Michigan is 107th in total defense and 105th in scoring defense. I'm laying the chalk with the Bobcats.