The Kansas State Wildcats and Oklahoma State Cowboys meet Friday in week 6 college football action at Boone Pickens Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview
The Kansas State Wildcats look for their first road win to improve to 4-1 on the season. Kansas State has won 4 of its last 6 road games. Will Howard is completing 65.5 percent of his passes for 1,072 yards, 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Ben Sinnott and Phillip Brooks have combined for 473 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Jadon Jackson has 13 receptions. The Kansas State Wildcats ground game is averaging 198.5 yards per contest, and DJ Giddens leads the way with 423 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Kansas State is allowing 18.5 points and 337.5 yards per game. Austin Moore leads the Kansas State Wildcats with 22 tackles, Khalid Duke has 4 sacks and Will Lee III has 1 interception.
Kansas State Wildcats Team Facts
- Kansas State has won each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Kansas State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five October games as a road favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Kansas State has won the first half in 11 of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Five of Kansas State's last six games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Preview
The Oklahoma State Cowboys look for their second home win to get above a .500 record. Oklahoma State has won 7 of its last 9 home games. Alan Bowman is completing 63 percent of his passes for 513 yards, 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Jaden Bray and De'Zhaun Stribling have combined for 413 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Jaden Nixon has 10 receptions. The Oklahoma State Cowboys ground game is averaging 121.8 yards per contest, and Ollie Gordon II leads the way with 230 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Oklahoma State is allowing 23.8 points and 371.3 yards per game. Kendal Daniels leads the Oklahoma State Cowboys with 31 tackles, Nathan Latu has 2 sacks and Lyrik Rawls has 1 interception.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Team Facts
- The underdog has won four of Oklahoma State's last five games at Boone Pickens Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Oklahoma State's last six games at Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Oklahoma State has won the first half in 10 of its last 13 games against conference opponents at Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Each of Oklahoma State's last eight October home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Oklahoma State ranked T14th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.615).
- Oklahoma State ranked 18th among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (4.8).
- Kansas State ranked 2nd among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (11.2).
- Kansas State ranked 2nd among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.857).
I'm not thrilled to lay double-digit chalk with a road team in a conference game, but Oklahoma State looks nothing like teams in the past. Oklahoma State looked bad against South Alabama and Iowa State, and its 102nd in total offense, 106th in rushing offense and 103rd in scoring offense. The Kansas State Wildcats are a balanced team that can not only move the ball, but it's also eighth in run defense. There's a decent gap between these two clubs. Give me Kansas State in a comfortable road victory.