The UL Monroe Warhawks and Ole Miss Rebels meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
UL Monroe Warhawks Betting Preview
The UL Monroe Warhawks look to snap a 8-game losing streak. UL Monroe has lost 5 straight road games. Jiya Wright is completing 53.7 percent of his passes for 1,124 yards, 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Tyrone Howell and Dariyan Wiley have combined for 913 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Bugs Mortimer has 15 receptions. The UL Monroe Warhawks ground game is averaging 141 yards per contest, and Hunter Smith leads the way with 423 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, UL Monroe is allowing 33.2 points and 439.2 yards per game. Michael Batton leads the UL Monroe Warhawks with 70 tackles, Adin Huntington has 5.5 sacks and Ja'Terious Evans has 3 interceptions.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Team Facts
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost each of its last 14 games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- Louisiana-Monroe has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine road games against non-conference opponents.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in 26 of its last 27 road games against non-conference opponents.
- Five of Louisiana-Monroe's last six road games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
The Ole Miss Rebels look for a win after winning 5 of their last 6 games. Ole Miss has won all 6 home games this season. Jaxson Dart is completing 65.1 percent of his passes for 2,579 yards, 16 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Tre Harris and Jordan Watkins have combined for 1,422 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, while Dayton Wade has 43 receptions. The Ole Miss Rebels ground game is averaging 181 yards per contest, and Quinshon Judkins leads the way with 868 yards and 14 touchdowns. Defensively, Ole Miss is allowing 25.8 points and 390.2 yards per game. Trey Washington leads the Ole Miss Rebels with 64 tackles, Jared Ivey has 5.5 sacks and John Saunders Jr. has 3 interceptions.
Ole Miss Rebels Team Facts
- Ole Miss has won 28 of its last 29 games against non-conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Ole Miss has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four November games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ole Miss has won the first half in each of its last nine games against non-conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Ole Miss has won the first quarter in eight of its last nine games against non-conference opponents at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Six of Ole Miss' last seven home games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Ole Miss rank 17th among FBS teams for points per game this season (36.6).
- The Ole Miss are one of only 24 FBS teams undefeated in home games this season.
The Ole Miss Rebels are obviously head and shoulders the better team here, and we know they'll be looking to take out some frustration after the game against Georgia. Louisiana-Monroe isn't good on either side of the ball, which includes being ranked 124th in scoring offense and 118th in scoring defense. With all that said, we know Monroe will be the more motivated side as a chance to play an SEC team. Also, Ole Miss is probably already looking forward to the Egg Bowl next week. This is also just the seventh time since 2017 where Ole Miss has been favorites of 30 or more points. The Rebels are 2-3-1 ATS in those previous games. Give me the Warhawks and the points.