The Kentucky Wildcats and South Carolina Gamecocks meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Williams-Brice Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Kentucky Wildcats Betting Preview
The Kentucky Wildcats need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. Kentucky has won 2 of its last 3 road games. Devin Leary is completing 57.1 percent of his passes for 2,063 yards, 19 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Dane Key and Tayvion Robinson have combined for 949 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Barion Brown has 34 receptions. The Kentucky Wildcats ground game is averaging 136.6 yards per contest, and Ray Davis leads the way with 929 yards and 11 touchdowns. Defensively, Kentucky is allowing 25 points and 356.1 yards per game. D'Eryk Jackson leads the Kentucky Wildcats with 61 tackles, Trevin Wallace has 4.5 sacks and Maxwell Hairston has 5 interceptions.
Kentucky Wildcats Team Facts
- Kentucky has won each of its last six November road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in seven of Kentucky's last eight games.
- Kentucky has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Kentucky has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Kentucky's last four games at Williams-Brice Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
South Carolina Gamecocks Betting Preview
The South Carolina Gamecocks need a win after losing 5 of their last 8 games. South Carolina needs to win out to become bowl eligible. Spencer Rattler is completing 70.6 percent of his passes for 2,867 yards, 17 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Xavier Legette and Trey Knox have combined for 1,370 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while O’Mega Blake has 19 receptions. The South Carolina Gamecocks ground game is averaging 91.4 yards per contest, and Mario Anderson leads the way with 645 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, South Carolina is allowing 28.6 points and 413.5 yards per game. Debo Williams leads the South Carolina Gamecocks with 94 tackles, T.J. Sanders has 4.5 sacks and O'Donnell Fortune has 2 interceptions.
South Carolina Gamecocks Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of South Carolina's last 11 games.
- The favorite has covered the spread in four of the last five games between Kentucky and South Carolina.
- South Carolina has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- South Carolina has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Seven of the last eight games between Kentucky and South Carolina have gone UNDER the total points line.
Kentucky is the more talented team, but it's fallen off over the last month and its offense isn't producing the way it was when the Wildcats got off to a 5-0 start. The South Carolina Gamecocks have their issues as well, mainly defensively, but they're fresh off back to back wins over Jacksonville State and Vanderbilt. South Carolina needs to keep winning if it wants to reach a third straight bowl game. It feels like South Carolina is in better form, and being at home doesn't hurt. Give me the points with the Gamecocks.