The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks and the Texas A&M Aggies meet in week 3 college football action from Kyle Field on Saturday afternoon.
Louisiana-Monroe Improves to 2-0
The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks came out on top in a 24-14 win over Lamar last time out to improve to 2-0 on the year. Hunter Herring has thrown for 121 yards and a touchdown on 53.3% passing while Hunter Smith has a team-high 204 rushing yards with a pair of touchdowns and Isaiah Woullard has 169 rushing yards as well this season. Tyrone Howell leads ULM’s receivers with 13 grabs for 132 yards and a touchdown. On defense, Adin Huntington has a team-high 18 total tackles while James Smith leads the Warhawks with 2.5 sacks this season. As a unit, ULM’s defense has 5 sacks and 4 interceptions this season.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Team Facts
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost each of its last 13 games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- Louisiana-Monroe has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight road games against non-conference opponents.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in 25 of its last 26 road games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Louisiana-Monroe's last seven September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texas A&M loses marquee matchup vs. Miami
The Texas A&M Aggies fell short in their marquee matchup vs. Miami, dropping to 1-1 on the year after a 48-33 loss to the Hurricanes last time out. Connor Weigman has thrown for 572 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 64.5% passing while Amari Daniels has 113 rushing yards and a touchdown. Evan Stewart leads A&M’s receiving group with 19 catches for 257 yards and 2 TDs while Noah Thomas has 10 receptions for 112 yards and a team-high 4 scores. On defense, Edgerrin Cooper leads Texas A&M with 14 total tackles while Shemar Turner has a pair of sacks and Josh DeBerry has an interception for the Aggies.
Texas A&M Aggies Team Facts
- The home team has won each of Texas A&M's last five games.
- Texas A&M has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Texas A&M has won the first quarter in 12 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents at Kyle Field.
- Texas A&M has won the first half in 12 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents at Kyle Field.
- Six of Texas A&M's last seven September games at Kyle Field have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Texas A&M ranked T11th among FBS teams for Q2 points allowed per game last season (4.8).
- Texas A&M ranked 25th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (10.2).
- Louisiana-Monroe was one of only five FBS teams to win 4+ games when trailing after Q1 last season.
- Louisiana-Monroe was one of only six FBS teams to win 3+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
I’m sticking with Texas A&M here. It’s a thick line though, but I just don’t see ULM keeping this one close. Is Texas A&M a world-beater? No, but the Aggies need a big confidence-booster win after yet another loss in a high-profile matchup. It’s just hard for me to really buy in to ULM having not played anyone of real consequence and then expect them to go into College Station and compete here. I’ll side with A&M laying the big number.