The Houston Cougars and UCF Knights meet Saturday in week 13 college football action at FBC Mortgage Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out our Houston vs UCF prediction.
Houston Cougars Betting Preview
The Houston Cougars need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. Houston has lost to Cincinnati and OK State in back to back games. Donovan Smith is completing 64.7 percent of his passes for 2,640 yards, 21 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Samuel Brown and Joseph Manjack IV have combined for 1,318 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Matthew Golden has 38 receptions. The Houston Cougars ground game is averaging 121 yards per contest, and Parker Jenkins leads the way with 456 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Houston is allowing 31.9 points and 419.2 yards per game. Adari Haulcy leads the Houston Cougars with 84 tackles, Nelson Ceaser has 9.5 sacks and Isaiah Hamilton has 4 interceptions.
Houston Cougars Team Facts
- Houston has won three of its last four November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Houston has covered the spread in four of its last five November games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Houston's last five November games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
UCF Knights Betting Preview
The UCF Knights need a win here to become bowl eligible. The UCF Knights lost to Texas Tech by 1 point last week. John Rhys Plumlee is completing 61 percent of his passes for 1,820 yards, 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Javon Baker and Kobe Hudson have combined for 1,662 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns, while Xavier Townsend has 26 receptions. The UCF Knights ground game is averaging 234.1 yards per contest, and RJ Harvey leads the way with 1,160 yards and 14 touchdowns. Defensively, UCF is allowing 26.5 points and 404.9 yards per game. Jason Johnson leads the UCF Knights with 94 tackles, Tre’mon Morris-Brash has 8.5 sacks and Nikai Martinez has 3 interceptions.
UCF Knights Team Facts
- The underdog has won each of UCF's last three games at FBC Mortgage Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of UCF's last seven games.
- UCF has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of UCF's last four home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
The UCF Knights are the better team, at home, and have the motivation of winning here and becoming bowl eligible. UCF should be favored for those reasons. However, UCF is still shaky at best defensively, which includes being 126th in run defense. UCF has also failed to cover 5 of its last 8 games. This is a lot of points for a UCF squad in a bit of a down year. Give me the points with Houston.