The Texas Tech Red Raiders and Texas Longhorns meet Friday in week 13 college football action at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out the Texas Tech vs Texas Prediction.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Preview
The Texas Tech Red Raiders look to build on their 3-game winning streak. Texas Tech are coming off a 1-point win over UCF. Behren Morton is completing 63.3 percent of his passes for 1,410 yards, 12 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Xavier White and Jerand Bradley have combined for 901 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Myles Price has 43 receptions. The Texas Tech Red Raiders ground game is averaging 171.3 yards per contest, and Tahj Brooks leads the way with 1,352 yards and 9 touchdowns. Defensively, Texas Tech is allowing 4.3 points and 382.2 yards per game. Ben Roberts leads the Texas Tech Red Raiders with 87 tackles, Jaylon Hutchings has 3.5 sacks and Dadrion Taylor-Demerson has 4 interceptions.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Team Facts
- Texas Tech has lost each of its last 11 games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread in five of its last six games in November.
- Texas Tech has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- Each of Texas Tech's last six road games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texas Longhorns Betting Preview
The Texas Longhorns look to build on their 5-game winning streak. Texas look for its 11th win overall to stay in the CFB playoff conversation. Quinn Ewers is completing 70.3 percent of his passes for 2,513 yards, 16 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Xavier Worthy and Adonai Mitchell have combined for 1,503 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns, while Ja’Tavion Sanders has 28 receptions. The Texas Longhorns ground game is averaging 178.3 yards per contest, and Jonathon Brooks leads the way with 1,139 yards and 10 touchdowns. Defensively, Texas is allowing 18.2 points and 336.9 yards per game. Jaylan Ford leads the Texas Longhorns with 80 tackles, Ethan Burke has 5.5 sacks and Michael Taaffe has 3 interceptions.
Texas Longhorns Team Facts
- Texas has won each of its last 12 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of the last four games between Texas Tech and Texas.
- Texas has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- Texas has won the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of Texas' last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Texas Longhorns are the better team and should be favored as they fight to stay in the playoff race. However, this line isn't showing much love to a competitive Texas Tech side. The Texas Tech Red Raiders have a bend but don't break defense, and their offense does just enough. Three of Texas Tech's five losses have been decided by single digits. Also, two of the last three games between the Red Raiders and Longhorns went to overtime. Give me the points.