Washington Huskies (6-0) vs Arizona State Sun Devils (1-5)
2023-10-21 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -28.5 -- Over/Under: 58.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Arizona State Sun Devils and Washington Huskies meet Saturday in week 8 college football action at Husky Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Preview
The Arizona State Sun Devils need a win here to snap a 5-game losing streak. Arizona State has lost 7 of its last 8 road games. Trenton Bourguet is completing 65.3 percent of his passes for 726 yards, 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. Elijhah Badger and Cameron Skattebo have combined for 667 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Xavier Guillory has 18 receptions. The Arizona State Sun Devils ground game is averaging 83.7 yards per contest, and Skattebo leads the way with 367 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Arizona State is allowing 28.3 points and 339.3 yards per game. Chris Edmonds leads the Arizona State Sun Devils with 43 tackles, Prince Dorbah has 6 sacks and Jordan Clark has 4 pass deflections.
Arizona State Sun Devils Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Arizona State’s last 12 games.
- Arizona State has covered the spread in six of its last seven games as an underdog against top-10 AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona State has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Husky Stadium.
- Each of Arizona State’s last four games as an underdog against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Huskies Betting Preview
The Washington Huskies look for a fifth home win to remain in the CFB Playoff conversation. Washington looks for its first 7-0 start since the 2016 season. Michael Penix Jr. is completing 72.1 percent of his passes for 2,301 yards, 20 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Rome Odunze and Ja’Lynn Polk have combined for 1,322 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Jalen McMillan has 20 receptions. The Washington Huskies ground game is averaging 119 yards per contest, and Dillon Johnson leads the way with 340 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Washington is allowing 20.8 points and 394.3 yards per game. Dominique Hampton leads the Washington Huskies with 42 tackles, Zion Tupuola-Fetui has 2 sacks and Kamren Fabiculanan has 2 interceptions.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 13 games.
- Washington has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six October games as a favorite.
- Washington has won the first half in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first quarter in five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Nine of Washington’s last 10 home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
- Washington rank 3rd among FBS teams for points per game this season (46.0).
- Washington rank T27th among FBS teams for points allowed per game this season (18.4).
This is a big letdown spot for the Washington Huskies after their win over Oregon last week. Arizona State has also had an extra week to prepare for this game, and its last two losses were decided by a combined 6 points. Four of Arizona State’s five losses overall were decided by 14 or fewer points. Yes, Washington is the clear better team and Arizona State is poor offensively, which includes being ranked 124th in scoring offense. Still, there are things working in favor of the Sun Devils, and this is a boatload of free points. I’ll take a stab with Arizona State.