The Cincinnati Bearcats and West Virginia Mountaineers meet Saturday in week 12 college football action at Milan Puskar Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Cincinnati Bearcats Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Bearcats need a win after losing 7 of their last 8 games. Cincinnati has split its last 4 road games. Emory Jones is completing 62 percent of his passes for 1,949 yards, 15 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Xzavier Henderson and Braden Smith have combined for 1,186 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Chamon Metayer has 20 receptions. The Cincinnati Bearcats ground game is averaging 223.5 yards per contest, and Corey Kiner leads the way with 885 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Cincinnati is allowing 26.9 points and 363.7 yards per game. Deshawn Pace leads the Cincinnati Bearcats with 64 tackles, Daniel Grzesiak has 3.5 sacks and Bryon Threats has 2 interceptions.
Cincinnati Bearcats Team Facts
- Cincinnati has won 19 of its last 20 November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Cincinnati has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 15 games against conference opponents.
- Cincinnati has lost the first half in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of Cincinnati's last four November games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview
The West Virginia Mountaineers look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. West Virginia has won 4 of its last 5 home games. Garrett Greene is completing 51 percent of his passes for 1,699 yards, 12 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Devin Carter and Hudson Clement have combined for 792 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Kole Taylor has 26 receptions. The West Virginia Mountaineers ground game is averaging 213.8 yards per contest, and CJ Donaldson Jr. leads the way with 755 yards and 10 touchdowns. Defensively, West Virginia is allowing 27.8 points and 394.7 yards per game. Lee Kpogba leads the West Virginia Mountaineers with 71 tackles, Tomiwa Durojaiye has 3 sacks and Beanie Bishop Jr. has 4 interceptions.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Facts
- West Virginia has won seven of its last eight home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has covered the spread in each of its last four November home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- West Virginia has won the first half in each of its last three home games against conference opponents.
- Seven of West Virginia's last eight home games in November have gone UNDER the total points line.
I'm not excited to get behind either of these teams, so I'm looking at the under instead. While Cincinnati and West Virginia are both 6-4 in favor of the overs, these are two offenses that are top-10 in rushing and top-11 in time of possession. I see two teams that chew the clock up and that should lead to a quick game with the potential to be low scoring. Give me the under.